Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opera slow in Ubuntu

• 01-06-2006 5:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

I've been an Opera user for a long time in Windows, but I just tried it (v 8.54) in Ubuntu Breezy Badger and it's going much slower than I'm used to. One of my favourite things about Opera has been its instant back and forward operations. When you click back it instantly displays the previous page. It doesn't check for newer versions of the cached page or anything silly like that.

Or at least it did, in Windows. Now I'm using it in Ubuntu and it does the usual moment of network retreival before displaying the page, at least for dynamic pages like boards' PHP. I think static HTML is still okay, but navigating around threads in boards is about the same speed as firefox now. Irritating :(

Does anyone know if there's an option somewhere to tell it to stop trying to redownload the page and just grab it from the cache like it does on windows?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd say the number of people here who use opera on ubuntu is limited. I'd suggest checking out the ubuntuforms.org site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I use Opera on Ubuntu, and don't really find it much slower than windows.
    There's a "static" version of it too ("opera-static" on their apt repository), which may be faster - it does some graphics rendering differently or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

I don't think this is anything to do with opera per se.
    It's probably the same problem as this thread above.

NiallB

Advertisement