Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Deterioration

• 01-06-2006 5:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

To anyone else thats with UTV or lives in the Co. Donegal area. I've been with utv now for about a year (and regreted it for about 11 months) :D and I started off on their 1mb line which was fine and dandy but the 8GB limit didnt do it justice. I then proceeded to upgrade to the clicksilver plus account with the 2mb line and 16GB cap, i usually ranged in speeds on this from about 1024kbps - 2000kbps never higher or lower than that. When the upgrade came a few months back where the service was ment to be increased to 3mbps thats when the trouble started.

I started getting speeds of 512kbps and 956kbps and sometimes id get upwards of 1424kbps but never any higher. The download limit was pushed to 20GB and i was always near or past this limit resulting in more fee's. About a month or so ago i upgraded to the Unlimited option and thats when the "crap hit the fan". Since 1 month ago i have been getting speeds of 512kbps - 600kbps, ive done various checks to my main phone lines, tried the net with no other devices attached in the house. Now i feel out of ideas.

I'm wondering am i the only person going through this? And if so who the feck do i complain to because UTV never ever listen to any of my complaints, i get redirected to some call center trying to blag me off with things to try and improve the line etc. Anyway HELP! :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

R0ot wrote:
    I started getting speeds of 512kbps and 956kbps and sometimes id get upwards of 1424kbps but never any higher. The download limit was pushed to 20GB and i was always near or past this limit resulting in more fee's. About a month or so ago i upgraded to the Unlimited option and thats when the "crap hit the fan". Since 1 month ago i have been getting speeds of 512kbps - 600kbps, ive done various checks to my main phone lines, tried the net with no other devices attached in the house. Now i feel out of ideas.
    Its you line, possibly the modem but probably the llne
    I'm wondering am i the only person going through this? And if so who the feck do i complain to because UTV never ever listen to any of my complaints, i get redirected to some call center trying to blag me off with things to try and improve the line etc. Anyway HELP! :D
    If its the modem you should borrow another somewhere and if it is better then hassle UTV for a replacement. Many modern modems are cheap and their components degrade over time because of the quality.

If the new modem is as bad then its the line which is ALL eircoms fault .

Advertisement