Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hari Clinic - IVF

Options
  • 01-06-2006 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Can anyone say what the process is exactly at the Hari Clinic?

May have to wait five months for first appointment and then god only knows how long till first impregnation attempt....it's sooo frustrating.

How long does it take between the first appointment and the first "treatment" as it were?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 daveball

Hi myself and my wife have been threw ivt twice in the hari clinic, unfortunatley we will have to try a 3rd time.
    When you get your date for appopintment it moves pretty quick from there, depending on the problem that u or ur partner has, you will be put on certain drugs and injections, relly depends on where the problem lies.
    Our treatment of drugs lasted aboiut 3 months and then we went for the ivf.
    there are also a lot of tests which may hold things up as wel.
    The people taht are in the hari clinic are very nice and very approachable, maybe if you ask when you are on the phone trying to make an appointment that you can ask for a cancelled one.
    Have you tried the sims clinic in rathgar, we are actually thinking of using them this time although we will probably have to go threw all the tests again but they seem to havea better statisic of pregnency in the 7 th week, hope this helps and wish u both the best of luck , it aint easy:( l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 speck

Have you tried the clinic in clane hospital ? My husband and I are at nearly the same stage as you (just starting ) Our doctour told us the same thing we could be waiting up to six months for the hari clinic. He recomended the one in clane, said the doctor that runs in went to the same collage as the one who runs hari.I rang 2 weeks ago and we have an appointment in september.If you don't want to wait 5 months you should give them a try

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

speck wrote:
    said the doctor that runs in went to the same collage as the one who runs hari.
    This is completely meaningless, and no basis for choosing a clinic for any form of medical treatment. You'll find that if you do go for IVF, you will be a very regular visitor to the clinic, with almost daily visits over the final 2-3 weeks, so make sure you are comfortable with the travel involved.

Our little girl is a HARI baby, and we'd have nothing but good things to say about them. We certainly didn't have a 6-month waiting list in our day, so I can see where the frustration arises. There is no 'standard' timeline for treatments. Every medical case is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 speck

RainyDay wrote:
    This is completely meaningless, and no basis for choosing a clinic for any form of medical treatment. You'll find that if you do go for IVF, you will be a very regular visitor to the clinic, with almost daily visits over the final 2-3 weeks, so make sure you are comfortable with the travel involved.

Our little girl is a HARI baby, and we'd have nothing but good things to say about them. We certainly didn't have a 6-month waiting list in our day, so I can see where the frustration arises. There is no 'standard' timeline for treatments. Every medical case is different.

It was not meant as a basic for choosing a clinic or in any way suggesting that there was anything wrong with the HARI clinic. (was our first choice as it has the best reputation ) Our doctor was just trying to reassure us that although HARI is the better known, the one in clane would hopefully get us the same result.Hopefully we will be as lucky as you (did not mean to offend anyone )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

No offence taken - best of luck with the journey....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jbs

hi reader, i known its been a long time since you spoke about this matter but i am curious how u got on in the end with your journey, as i am about to start mine

Advertisement