Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom lying and punishing customers who leave

Options
  • 01-06-2006 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I was an eircom customer 2 years ago and left to get phone line rental, phone calls and broadband from Esat BT.

A few months ago I decided to leave Esat and get Magnet's phone line rental, phone calls, broadband and tv. I have been waiting 3 months.

I then found out that even though I was getting bills from Esat they were just reselling an eircom package so I was always a customer of eircom.

When Magnet asked eircom to unplug so they could plug in, eircom said "broadband isnt available on that line"
    despite the fact that eircom thru esat were providing 3 meg broadband on the line for 2 years

Magnet then suggested that they order a new line into my house, claiming it might be quicker than trying to get eircom to admit they were wrong and take their grubby hands off the existing line

appointments have been made with the cabra operations office, their work man hasnt showed and eircom have said that the order was cancelled due to the fact that I wasnt available

if anyone else experiencing these lies from eircom?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Have you tried writing ComReg about your situation? In fairness to ComReg, they definitely cannot do anything if people do not tell them about problems.

Edit: It makes most sense to contact them by email, as they will have a written record that way. You can always follow up by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Onthebus

comreg have very little power it seems and have been very weak since the mid 90s in getting the local loop unbundled

comreg can barely get eircom into talks about people maintaining phone numbers when change from eircom to a competitor

the irish govt should never have allowed it to be sold

I will complain to comreg but it will takes ages for anything to come from that

Advertisement