Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting my SSIA today !!

Options
  • 01-06-2006 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Ok so the 5 years are up and today my SSIA has matured to the value of €14.5K .Thank you very much Mr McCreevey for introducing me to saving and allowing me to build up this nice little sum , However there is no way i will vote for either FF or the PD's in the next election and will only vote to ensure their candidates get my lowest preference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Congratulations. Nice little sum of money. I'll be collecting mine at the end of this month. Do you get it that day or do you have to wait a couple of weeks (for whatever reason)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

If you use internet bqanking it will automatically revert to an active savings account that you can draw or add to !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭hepcat

Good for you. Are you going to spend or reinvest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Nice one. Was a bit too young to get in on the whole ssia thing a few years ago, so I don't know much about it. Tell me, do you get all that 14.5k or do you pay and DIRT or special tax at all?

No Its all MINEEEEEE !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Have you any ideas what you are going to do with the money? New car, holiday, renovations, pension/reinvest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

No Its all MINEEEEEE !!!!!

heh, have a nice time with that so!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ok so the 5 years are up and today my SSIA has matured to the value of €14.5K .Thank you very much Mr McCreevey for introducing me to saving and allowing me to build up this nice little sum , However there is no way i will vote for either FF or the PD's in the next election and will only vote to ensure their candidates get my lowest preference.

Ungrateful fcuker ismynametoolong(1/10. Names too long in my opinion). Surely today should be a celebration of all things Charlie. Go out celebrate and get drunk and merry. In the morning when you've got a sore head and empty pockets then you may slate Fianna Fail and the PD's and worry the hell out of them with threats of voting for the other side.
    Have a good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Slinky>

If you use internet bqanking it will automatically revert to an active savings account that you can draw or add to !

Do you mind me asking Which bank is this with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Congratulations man. Personally I've another 11 months or so to go, but have just bumped it up to the maximum. The end is in sight and its nice to see people starting to bear the fruits of their labours.

Enjoy it, you deserve it. & there will probably never be another one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Yeah for the SSIAs I get my hands on mine in August and I can't wait. I plan to reinvest most of it and carry on saving but some of it is being taken out to spend spend spend.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

[mode=cheese]SSIA! Happy day![/mode]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭Archeron

Does anyone know if its hard to increase your monthly contribution? I want to put mine up to the maximum, but the last time I asked AIB, they sent me about 40 million* forms to fill in, most of which I didnt even understand.

*slight exaggeration possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I couldn't afford to up mine to the maximum but did up mine by a factor of 3. Its just one form with AIB anyway. Details required on the form were Name, PPA/PRSI number, Ssia A/c sort and account No., Sort and Account number from the account your ssia savings are drawn from and the new amount you want to save. Takes up to 28 days for the new amount to take effect. Sent my form off the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I started on the minimum, increased a few times and have just maxed mine up with BOI. They have a one page form you fill in and send to your branch. Dunno about AIB but AFAIK if you send a letter in with your details etc to your own branch (find out who takes care of the SSIAs in ur branch and Attn it to that person) and sign it then that's grand, they just need it in writing. Give them the account number, amount per month you're putting in at the mo and the amount you want to increase it to. That should do it. BOI have always been very prompt to put mine up when I sent a letter in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Archeron wrote:
    Does anyone know if its hard to increase your monthly contribution? I want to put mine up to the maximum, but the last time I asked AIB, they sent me about 40 million* forms to fill in, most of which I didnt even understand.

The last time they called me up for one of their customer satisfaction checks that they seem to do every 6 months I just told them to change it then over the phone, no forms to fill in or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Archeron wrote:

I was in my bank & just did it with the girl at customer services. Got a cert in the posta few days later.

Mine was with AIB and I increased the contribution about four times and as the others have said all you need do to increase the amount is to out it in writing to your branch with the relevant details .
    Pighead thanks for the sentiments i used to be called
    Doyouthinkmynameistoolong , but it was too big for lots of forums .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

does anyone know how find out when their account started? Does AIB online have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭Archeron

Cool, thanks all. I'll give that a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

mine was supposed to mature today but the eejits never sent out some declaration form i need to sign in roder to access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

What is the max amount on completion does anyone know, is it 19.5K. I upped mine last year, about 3 years to late, won't get it untill next year:(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Washout wrote:
    mine was supposed to mature today but the eejits never sent out some declaration form i need to sign in roder to access it.

Is that the form that everyone has been told about since January and exhorted to ensure that its returned as soon as you get it and if you don't get it you should look for it ?

Advertisement