Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[For Sale] 2 Bed Apartment Drumcondra

Options
  • 01-06-2006 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

details here:

Daft Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bullock99

Did this property sell??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

details here:

Daft Link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I know house prices are rising but from your original post of 1st June 2006
    STaN wrote:
    Offers in the region of €430,000

To a value as per DAFT.ie of Excess €550,000 now.

€120,000 in a month.

Please tell me there's a mistake somewhere.

Yes original valuation was from a while back

STaN wrote:
    Yes original valuation was from a while back

It would be nice to believe that.

If this is the case, why did you bother to put an undervalued property for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Half a million euros for a small little apartment in Drumcondra? Truly the world has gone mad when people are paying those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

surely you'd buy a house in the same area for that kind of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Noelie wrote:
    surely you'd buy a house in the same area for that kind of money.

Are you on drugs??

You can just about get a nice house for that in Tallaght. (the nice part that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

I'm with Noelie on this you can get houses for that money in the area. The examples given say that but within Dublin 9 you can get even better value than shown.

IMHO that is over priced but appartments near my last house house were half the size of the houses and people were paying more for them then. I don't understand but some people prefer the new appartments especailly compared to the ex-corpo houses. Some has to do with new being less maintenace but I wouldn't think that enough

• Advertisement

It's not as if I'm making up the prices. There is a second apartment for sale for €575k in the development. The chapelgate development is modern and attractive plus you can walk into town in 10minutes.

Apartments are great if you want pretty much zero maintenance.

How long have you been trying to sell it?

Would love to know the time laspe between the two valuations and what 'physical' added value has been added in between.

2 weeks or so. original valuation was a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

STaN wrote:
    2 weeks or so. original valuation was a year ago.

???
    Your first post is a month ago?

Give us this other link then.

It might be worth the money but it looks like you are going about this a strange way. Are you selling yourself?

Just curious stan but when you offered the apartment for 430,000 at the start of the month, what would you have done if someone offered the asking price?

Noelie wrote:
    Just curious stan but when you offered the apartment for 430,000 at the start of the month, what would you have done if someone offered the asking price?

You dont have to accept offers your not happy with :)

so i guess you are trying to sell this privately?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

STaN wrote:
    You dont have to accept offers your not happy with :)

Yes but there are a few of us who believe that people who put up asking prices that are below what they want are, in fact, being dishonest.

The fact that *everyone* does it to *get a little interest* doesn't make it any less dishonest in my view, but hey, I'm not trying to sell or buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Great time to sell, IMHO, good luck with it. There are still an army of 'greater fools' to be found. Put that money in the bank for a few years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Calina wrote:
    Yes but there are a few of us who believe that people who put up asking prices that are below what they want are, in fact, being dishonest.

The fact that *everyone* does it to *get a little interest* doesn't make it any less dishonest in my view, but hey, I'm not trying to sell or buy.
    It is no way dishonest your understanding of what "bids in excess of" means is incorrect. It is how it is done if you don't understand that or refuse to means little.
    I think it is bad value for money but others value things differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

It is no way dishonest your understanding of what "bids in excess of" means is incorrect. It is how it is done if you don't understand that or refuse to means little.
    I think it is bad value for money but others value things differently.

Bids in excess of is one thing: asking price is another. You may see them as the same, and that is your prerogative, or you may claim that that is how things are done.

It does not make it right.

Advertisement