Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What colour shirt and tie with a black suit

• 01-06-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Going to a wedding this w.e. so off to buy a shirt and tie after work. Question is what colours do ye think would be best with a black suit?

Do ye think something light cause of the rare bit of sunshine?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Dudett

Just get a light colored shirt, I wouldnt wear a tie though, mind you Im a girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

interesting,skipping the ol' tie eh? Bloody hate ties as well
    Mind u I dont think I would feel proper at a wedding without a tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Yeah i don't wear ties at weddings, but the suit has to be a decent cut and also a decent shirt, which adds up to €€€€€€€€€€€, but if you got it you should look slick, i do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

How much you looking to spend???

Next have some lovely shirts at the moment and ties to match and they're pretty cheap.

http://www.nextdirectory.ie/page.asp?b=G30&p=228&o=1

Personally I like bright, crisp colours and the weather is supposed to fantastic this weekend so stay bright!

Might pop into next later. I might as well own up, there is not a hope of me not wearing a tie to a wedding, Im just that sorta person.

Was thinkin of a light blue shirt and a dark blue or maybe yellow tie. Not a crazy yellow fan tho but it is sunny

• Advertisement

I'd prefer no tie aswell - and light blue sounds nice. Good contrast with the black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Dear god no!
    No yellow tie with a blue shirt. The mighty Ciara commands it!

Dear god no!
    No yellow tie with a blue shirt. The mighty Ciara commands it!

Yellow tie is out, repeat yellow tie is out.

Orlee wrote:
    I'd prefer no tie aswell - and light blue sounds nice. Good contrast with the black.

Right so, this is great cause I am a useless decision maker. So we are at...
    Black Suit (cause Im not buying a new one), light blue shirt and no tie.... **gulp**

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yeah nice light blue shirt and a darker blue tie would be nice. Not too dark with the tie though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

no way man!!!!

nothin sexier than a man in black suit with black shirt and tie (optional)...

keep it modern, blue shirts are really dying out and your sure to be the 90th fella at the wedding that has one!!

think jamie rednapp when he commenting on matches on sky!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Go with black shirt and again tie optional...if you go for a tie either white or silver

Black suit and shirt might look a bit gimpish me thinks. Tis fine for those rich famous futballer types, but for a Carlow lad like myself?... ppl with think Ive got notions above my station. :D

I notice I have another ally in the tie stakes. Maybe I should start up a boardsie poll. 'Should I wear a tie to the wedding tomorrow' :p

randomname wrote:
    Go with black shirt and again tie optional...if you go for a tie either white or silver

yea i totally agree, humana humana!!!!;)

why shouldnt you look nice????

trust me, black shirt and suit with the option of black or silver tie and a splash of Issey Miyake aftershave, you will have women literally dropping at your feet!!!!

*swoon*

:D

Right so, what ever about black suit and shirt, with a black tie?
    Me mates will think Im Mr Neo Matrix or something.

I think black suit and shirt for :
    a nite out = nice,
    evening wedding (on a sunny day) = not so nice, and kinda sweaty.

Im actually coming around to the idea of no tie, will be cool (as in cold) as well

ok... well how bout you lose the suit jacket and opt for the trouser-shirt-tie combo?? that can look really well too, and you'l b cool;)

That is true Donegal Lass,and I usually end up ditching the jacket quickly enough anyways. Were back on the tie bandwagon, this time its a trouser-shirt-tie combo

yea i totally agree, humana humana!!!!;)

Damn right.
    oxygen wrote:
    I think black suit and shirt for :
    a nite out = nice,
    evening wedding (on a sunny day) = not so nice, and kinda sweaty.

He might be kinda sweaty but fashionable!:D Lets be honest its gonna be sunny for a day or two tops.It most likely will be running again!

fingers crossed it will still be sunny on Sat man, I am planning my w.e. around it

well enjoy it and i would highly recommend you go invest in bottle of issey miyake for men!!

it has magical powers, BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ok get a really good white shirt i mean not some cheapo stuff and you'll be sorted, the good old classic look. Yeah i'm hoping for a good w.e. weather wise got a few days off!

why shouldnt you look nice????

trust me, black shirt and suit with the option of black or silver tie and a splash of Issey Miyake aftershave, you will have women literally dropping at your feet!!!!

*swoon*

:D

Weekend is to be seriusly hot (for ireland) 25C so i hear. Black shirt is too dark - what's your complexion like? Are you darker skined or pale? If your pale then black is def no no.

Issey Miyake aftershave is to die for - weak at the knees stuff!!!

No tie is a bit rougish and sexy!

It's a wedding, not a funeral - be comfortable oxygen!

Orlee wrote:
    Weekend is to be seriusly hot (for ireland) 25C so i hear. Black shirt is too dark - what's your complexion like? Are you darker skined or pale? If your pale then black is def no no.

Issey Miyake aftershave?? I am intrigued now. Well if its 25C white shirt then. You should be sorted now mate, oh yeah dont forget plenty of booze too on w.e. :D

Orlee wrote:

yea but the tie will eventually be comin off anyways, its just nice to look sexy in a reserved way for a while..... guys hardly ever wear ties and they look damn sexy when they do!!

Jeez I am deffo investing in a bottle of Issey Miyake after work, two girls opinions is more than good enough for me, ny idea where sells it.

Yea on such a sunny day black is a bit of a bummer and Im kindof a sallow complection as well. But its me only suit so it will have to do.
    Delighted now Im going tieless, bloddy hate the things

youl get it in boots or any good high street chemist!!

the best investment youl make this year!!;)

youl get it in boots or any good high street chemist!!

the best investment youl make this year!!;)
    I will check it out.:)

its ok, i kno il b forever in your debt after you get it haha

Anyone know what shirt he actually wore????:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thx a mill for all the suggestions, I decided on a light blue shirt and no tie in the end.
    So I arrived down the Carlow with me head in the clouds until the bride’s brother and her mate insisted I had to wear a tie to a wedding :(
    So I had to buy a bloody tie that looked like it was squeezed out of a toothpaste tube (all stripy). I let the board’s side down. Here is a picture of my shame.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wearing a black suit now, white shirt, blue tie. Went down well with people I must say.
    If only I had seen this in time to save you.
    Persoanally my favourite suit is all black, that's typical me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

oxygen wrote:
    Thx a mill for all the suggestions, I decided on a light blue shirt and no tie in the end.
    So I arrived down the Carlow with me head in the clouds until the bride’s brother and her mate insisted I had to wear a tie to a wedding :(
    So I had to buy a bloody tie that looked like it was squeezed out of a toothpaste tube (all stripy). I let the board’s side down. Here is a picture of my shame.

well i think you look simply handsome.

Well it was actually a light blue shirt, but yae the tie clashed a little bit with the black suit. Not to worry, I hate suits now anyways :)

Should have went all black but good show though!

oxygen wrote:

NO SHAME!! you look great! i still stick by my original all black suggestion, but you look really well in that! howd the issey miyake go?????:D

• Advertisement

Dongal Lass, your not going to be impressed but after having to shell out 30 bloody yo-yos for a new tie I was too miserable to buy the aftershave.
    Will buy it for the next big occasion tho.

Actually I didn't pull at the wedding either. Maybe that's why
    hmmmm......

oxygen wrote:
    Dongal Lass, your not going to be impressed but after having to shell out 30 bloody yo-yos for a new tie I was too miserable to buy the aftershave.
    Will buy it for the next big occasion tho.

Actually I didn't pull at the wedding either. Maybe that's why
    hmmmm......

well hey donegal lass seems interested! :D

randomname wrote:
    well hey donegal lass seems interested! :D

its just my curiosity knows no bounds!!;)

Advertisement