Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Camera M1

Options
  • 01-06-2006 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

In the last few days I've seen a wine coloured van sitting on the M1 northbound just before that bridge over the Malahide estuary, before the last Swords exit. It has dark rear tinted windows but I remember seeing one before and could see the camera lens spying out of a small hatch in the window. Anybody know if this is a camera??? If so I'm in trouble :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Drax wrote:
    In the last few days I've seen a wine coloured van sitting on the M1 northbound just before that bridge over the Malahide estuary, before the last Swords exit. It has dark rear tinted windows but I remember seeing one before and could see the camera lens spying out of a small hatch in the window. Anybody know if this is a camera??? If so I'm in trouble :rolleyes:

Nope he broke down there a few days ago with smoke pouring out of the engine (saw it happen). Surprised he's still there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Cheers Bluehair!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

With a bit of luck you'll now drive within the limits on that stretch of motorway. Why anyone would fell the need to speed along that stretch is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I feel the need to do 120kph at the stretch of motorway however the
    t0ssers who like so sit in the outside lane at 100 usually conspire against it.

Bluetonic wrote:
    With a bit of luck you'll now drive within the limits on that stretch of motorway. Why anyone would fell the need to speed along that stretch is beyond me.

Yes Daddy.

I do not feel the need to speed along it but it is a nice stretch of road so its quite easy to look at your clock and you wouldnt be sticking rigidly to 120.

Are you one of these people that hogs the overtaking lane?

• Advertisement

Drax wrote:
    I do not feel the need to speed along it but it is a nice stretch of road so its quite easy to look at your clock and you wouldnt be sticking rigidly to 120.

If you find it that easy to go over the speed limit then maybe you need to reassess your ability to drive.
    Drax wrote:
    Are you one of these people that hogs the overtaking lane?

No son.

Ah jebus... whats the point in arguing with a law-biding-spell-checking-PC-brigade-member like yourself... :rolleyes:

I only asked a simple question at the start but there is always someone who has to wade in who thinks they are better and start whinging on about 'reassesing your ability to drive' etc etc... I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There's a bike cop who's taken to hanging out just under the bridge on the N3/Clonee bypass section (just after the Damastown turnoff) in the last week or two. He was there again this morning.

Usual revenue gathering exercise. One of the smoothest/widest stretches of road in the area and that's where they decide to try and nail people. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    There's a bike cop who's taken to hanging out just under the bridge on the N3/Clonee bypass section (just after the Damastown turnoff) in the last week or two. He was there again this morning.

Usual revenue gathering exercise. One of the smoothest/widest stretches of road in the area and that's where they decide to try and nail people. :mad:

Hmmm, cops hanging under bridges...I hope this catches on:D

Drax wrote:
    Ah jebus... whats the point in arguing with a law-biding-spell-checking-PC-brigade-member like yourself... :rolleyes:

I'm only just yanking your chain.

Anyhow just to alert people yesterday there was a speed check just as you pull off the M1 Northbound just before the airport roundabout, they were in the lane which goes left to Santry just as you round the bend from the M1 to the airport roundabout. Not seen them there too often, very easy shooting practice for them there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kaiser2000 wrote:

They used to hang around the bridge at the shopping centre slip roads but I haven't seen them there since the speed limits increased a while back.
    Are the road works still there where you saw the biker this morning?

incidentally, I read the other day about the new N2 dual carriageway being 120km/h - the first in Ireland and moves are underway to convert many other dual carriageways to similar speed limits - yaay

kbannon wrote:
    They used to hang around the bridge at the shopping centre slip roads but I haven't seen them there since the speed limits increased a while back.
    Are the road works still there where you saw the biker this morning?
    Nope, both lanes on both sides have been open again for a few months now. It just annoys me that like so much else in this country, it's about making money and producing figures that look good at election time rather than actually tackling the problems (on the roads) properly.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Nope, both lanes on both sides have been open again for a few months now. It just annoys me that like so much else in this country, it's about making money and producing figures that look good at election time rather than actually tackling the problems (on the roads) properly.

I can see McDowell on tv: "Yes we let x paedophiles out of jail but we did catch y people speeding"

kbannon wrote:
    I can see McDowell on tv: "Yes we let x paedophiles out of jail but we did catch y people speeding"
    That sums up exactly what's wrong with this country. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Bluehair wrote:
    Nope he broke down there a few days ago with smoke pouring out of the engine (saw it happen). Surprised he's still there though.

Oh thank f**K!! I drove past it from the airport and had to back track
    and pass it again to check if i could see the camera sneaking out but i didnt
    so i was wrecking my head over it. What a relief. Still there today.

Drax wrote:
    In the last few days I've seen a wine coloured van sitting on the M1 northbound just before that bridge over the Malahide estuary, before the last Swords exit.

I see the van has had it passenger and one of it back windows put in over the last few days.

Bluetonic wrote:
    I see the van has had it passenger and one of it back windows put in over the last few days.

Typical! I dont know how many times I've seen that... cars broken down on the hard shoulder and if they are left there for any amount of time, windows and lights are smashed. Do these scobies actually pull over to get out of their cars and do damage or is a mere walk over the fields, jump the fence, smash some windows and off with them.... F*cking scumbags.

In fairness, that van has been there a very long time, but if my car was broken down I'd get it off the hard shoulder as soon as possible to lessen the repair bill - broken engine and broken windows! No thanks!

Advertisement