Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Lear

Options
  • 01-06-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

What sort of things do people reckon are going to pop up this year? The last time it was on, Cordeilia was asked, so I'm guessing maybe the two sisters and Edmund...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Hm, I think Edmund or Lear's relevance in the modern world..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Lear scares me, it's really the only unpredictable question on Paper II. Except unseen poetry, obviously. A lovely question would be "a man more sinn'd against than sinning", or simply "Lear's journey and change" or something. I have questions prepared on imagery, Lear's daughters and the subplot as well. I'll leave it at that though, there's little point trying to predict on this one, me reckons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054936644

im so glad Lear aint our main text, its so ridiculously BELUGH i find..
    aah well, g'luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Watch out for a questtion on Edmund or is it Edgar......whichever of them is the evil one. ( i really shud no that at this stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I think there'll be a question on Lear himself in some shape or form. Here's hoping for 'a man more sinn'd against than sinning'. I'm probably going to prepare an essay on Edmund, the two sisters, blindness & evil too. Redemption also. Except there's no way I'll get all that done.

• Advertisement

Rockerette wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054936644

im so glad Lear aint our main text, its so ridiculously BELUGH i find..
    aah well, g'luck ;)

but its HUGE. why would you do that to yourself for the comparative?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Our teacher spent a lot of time on Lear himself,Edmund and the three sisters.'A man more sinn'd against than sinning' relating to Lear came up in my Christmas test,so I presume the teacher put it there for a reason.

Got to admit KL is pretty easy.Did it thoroughly in 5th year and 6th.Easy plot,easy to remember characters.

Now compare it to Cultural Context...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

but its HUGE. why would you do that to yourself for the comparative?

because you need to know nothing in detail ;)

i havent even opened it since october of 5th year.. i could sum it up in about 5 sentences.. know pretty much nothing in depth about it..
    but i know enough for a comparative!

plus, its only a minor feature in my comparative, i use for film & the other book for most of it, and just mention general points about Lear in each paragraph..

I would hate do have to do it as main.. we started off doing that, but we all complained and it got de-moted to comparative :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Glazun wrote:
    Lear's relevance in the modern world..

Yeah, my english teacher said thats whats "going around the english teachers in the staff room" eh so maybe "Lear's relevence to the 21st century."

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Sawa wrote:
    Yeah, my english teacher said thats whats "going around the english teachers in the staff room" eh so maybe "Lear's relevence to the 21st century."

Eek! What sort of things could you say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yeh I wouldn't have a clue what to say for that..apart from the whole original soap opera thing

Advertisement