Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations needed for HDTV with a budget of €1,500

• 01-06-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭

OK fellas, after researching the Aldi Plasma that was on sale today both here and on the avforums (thanks lads), I thought it looked like a good buy. So I went down to pick one up, but by 8.45 this morning they were all gone. :( .

Now I'm lost as to which one to get, I've been searching this forum for the last few couple of days and I'm completely bamboozled as to what makes a good 42"/37" HDTV. (picked up bits and bobs, but can't seem to compare different sets - and hate to buy something solely on patchy info and looks alone). So, I'd really appreciate any advice or recommendations you may have for a good set, my budget is fairly tight as up to €1,500 (but could go to €1,600 for a particularly good one) and all the ones I've seen recommended here are in and around the €2k mark.

Has anyone ever bought one such as this from a German E-Bayer (over 170,000 positive feedbacks), I can't speak German but the Specs seem in line with those usually considered good... :confused::confused:
    (BTW they usually finish up around €1,300 - €1,500)

Anyway, thanks in advance. Hope I haven't left anything out. Not sure if it makes a difference but I currently have Sky+ (with HD to follow soon)

Also if possible: PC connectivity would be a nice bonus, but not essential.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

If you can stretch to 1900 the Sony store in limerick is selling the 50" RP HDTVs with stands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

If you dont mind shopping from Germany then you should try this site
    http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/lcd-tv-ab46/842602/-/Article.html?fillspace=1
    The price for this set is very reasonable & has all the connection you'll need I have purchased from them you will need to provide a scan of you're card but other than that top class service :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

are benq tv's any good though . i rember there monitors and scannors in work not being up to much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Thanks for the advice lads, I've been down to DID, Harvey Norman, PowerCity, etc. and I think I'm going to go for this 32 incher instead, the 42/37's seem to be too dear at the moment. Is this one of the better 32" ones out there??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

That's the best 32" lcd going as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Ste05 wrote:
    Thanks for the advice lads, I've been down to DID, Harvey Norman, PowerCity, etc. and I think I'm going to go for this 32 incher instead, the 42/37's seem to be too dear at the moment. Is this one of the better 32" ones out there??

If you can stretch your budget, I'd go for the Sony Bravia 32in Vseries.
    That Sammy M61 series is quality alright, but with the M71 series out very soon (should be in the next few weeks afaik) then you should wait for either the M71 or a price drop in the M61. There is also the R71-4 series, which are great tellys too.

I was about to go for that Sammy screen until I did a lot of researching into it (its a decent amount of money to be spending!) when I came across the Sony 32V2000, it just got a 5star review off What Hifi mag in the UK for best 32in LCD.

Anyway whichever you go for, the Samsung is still a quality set, just beware you will have to mess with all the picture settings when you get it, so Don't be dissapointed if you see a bad pic when hook it up straight from the box. It will be well worth it in the end :)

PS...try to make sure you have 2 HDMI connectors if possible, these will be needed in future, (if you get Sky HD and get a HD DVD player)...btw the sony hasn't 2, only 1, its only downfall.

Enjoy!

Advertisement