Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dfi beta bios

Options
  • 01-06-2006 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone would like this i just flashed it there with winfalsh and find it good it gives you a few more options in bios and fixes some ati x series bugs.

link:http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48994

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Never heard of winflash - is it a DFI only app? Need to update an MSI BIOS to a beta but don't have a floppy:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

winflash it a flashing tool that can be used in windows.

Check if your board is supported by it, most newish ones are. Very handy program saves making cds with dos on them.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

gigabyte @bios is great for flashing for windows

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

flashing from windows is a bad idea, as is flashing anything (routers) over a web interface.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

SyxPak wrote:
    flashing from windows is a bad idea, as is flashing anything (routers) over a web interface.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

SyxPak wrote:

also a 2nd why

Anyone know an app. that works for MSI. Winflash looks for a binary file while the BIOS I have seems to be an exe?
    That gigabyte app is only for gigabyte boards as far as I can see.
    I have to flash through windows as I don't have a floppy, the standard MSI BIOS update is through windows, it just doesn't support the beta BIOSes.

winflash sould work you should be able to download a .zip also look for that and then try winflash and then if it does not work winflash will tell you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its fairly obvious why it can be bad, it flashing your bios in the 1st place is dangerous and requires only stable power and correct bios, does adding in WINDOWS now add to the "OMFG what have i done" factor.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

You should flash from a basic OS, as low-level as you can get - to be safe.
    Quite simply, please don't advise people to flash from windows. It's bad practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

@bios works on all boards. I use it on my dfi and abit boards, never had any problems, but as other people said its not 100% safe and could fook everything up

I got winflash to work and it did the job fine, now having other issues though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I use Asus EZFLash in the Ausu UPdate PRogramme !!

Works Grand ! Windows Based¬!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thank christ that weird login screen was kinda pissing me off

krazy you can turn that off you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I know, didnt seem important at the time as my opty was dieing.

Advertisement