Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre recommendations?

Options
  • 01-06-2006 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I'm about to buy another Sp Armadillo 700x25c and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other puncture resistant tyres - I use armadillos because they suited the roads in London where I used to live - but now I'm finding that the outer tread layer tends to peel away from the tyre after a month or two on Dublin streets - I could also do with a grippier tyre given the mixture of rain/diesel/rubber on the streets here - anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I know somebody who uses schwalbe marathons and has had no problem with them, and someone with a cheaper model schwalbe stevilio or something along those lines and they arent great for puncture protection.
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Thanks for that - heading into town soon, so I'll have a look out for them. I tried online but they only have a cheaper city-jet variety...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I have the city jets (no we dont all go to the same shop!!!) i didnt realise they were available for 700c wheels as I am a mountain bike commuter. I have had no problems with these, have done about 2500km and still no puncture (touching lots of wood!).
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

You might be right - didn't look at sizes. Bought another armadillo in the end - didn't have much choice! cycleways seem to specialize in specialized..

Advertisement