Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish & hot weather

Options
  • 01-06-2006 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I'm sitting in Christchurch gardens today eating my Sambo watching all the tourists with their cameras and loving the weather. I notice this bloke walking through the gates, he also has a sambo. I look away and back again and to my surprise he is taking off his shirt, his t-shirt....and his trousers...he proceeds to lie there in his boxers for the duration of lunch!!

Some Irish people go utters when they see the sun.

What shocking/appalling sights did you see today? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

just the image of the man that you saw runnin thro my head!!! thanks for dat!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

You didn't see this guy, trust me, it wasn't pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

You have to take the rough with the smooth. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

mixin both is safest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mad thing is, I'm still seeing people wearing big jackets and coats today.... I even saw a scarf and wooly hat this morning!!
    WTF?!?!?

Enjoy the summer while it lasts people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

whiskeyman wrote:
    mad thing is, I'm still seeing people wearing big jackets and coats today.... I even saw a scarf and wooly hat this morning!!
    WTF?!?!?

It's the same here!!! Whats with the wooly jumpers and coats!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

It's not only in Ireland and Britain that the phenomenon of loads of guys stripping down occurs. It happens quite often here in Montreal as well. I've seen quite a few bare chested Montreal natives over the last 10 days enjoying the sun. Trust me, they aren't lookers by any stretch of the imagination!

As for me, I've been wishing that I had the nerve to do the exact same thing. It hit 30 degrees two days ago and it's only going to get warmer. If it stayed in the mid-twenties, I'd be OK. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

TheGooner wrote:
    I'm sitting in Christchurch gardens today eating my Sambo watching all the tourists with their cameras and loving the weather. I notice this bloke walking through the gates, he also has a sambo. I look away and back again and to my surprise he is taking off his shirt, his t-shirt....and his trousers...he proceeds to lie there in his boxers for the duration of lunch!!

go out on a saturday night in the middle of winter and you will see a lot of women with next to nothing on them,at least the lads wait for warm weather to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

MrSinn wrote:
    go out on a saturday night in the middle of winter and you will see a lot of women with next to nothing on them,at least the lads wait for warm weather to do it

And "The Post of the Thread Award" goes to... MrSinn :D:D:D

Enjoyed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Its gonna be a hotter day today temps well in the 20's :D

"Highest temperatures 19 to 23 degrees, but a little cooler by the coast in afternoon sea breezes." taken from met.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

TheGooner wrote:
    I look away and back again and to my surprise he is taking off his shirt, his t-shirt....and his trousers...he proceeds to lie there in his boxers for the duration of lunch!!

haha.....you sure he was irish...he wasnt mexican or something..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

whiskeyman wrote:
    WTF?!?!?

It's hard to get used to the warm weather at the start, though. I still feel strange going out without a coat!

tom_ass19 wrote:
    haha.....you sure he was irish...he wasnt mexican or something..lol

Nope with his milky white body I can have a stab that he was Irish...:o

simu wrote:
    It's hard to get used to the warm weather at the start, though. I still feel strange going out without a coat!

Agreed, and don't forget, for those of us who leave for work at 6.15 most days its pretty chilly at that time too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

whiskeyman wrote:

Nuts to that. I cant take heat. Im blonde with blue eyes and very pale skin, I belong in a frostbitten Scandenavia! :D

Advertisement