Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Center Help

• 01-06-2006 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hey, posted this in the computer forum, but it was suggested i post here.

Hey, I decided to set up the Live TV on my Windows Media Center. I'm having abit of trouble with it. I went through all the right options, chose Ireland, choose Antenna (cos thats all i have, arieal on the roof), then chose my county, Wexford. And it says that my TV signal provider is "Unmapped Anologue Terristrial". But for some reason when it scans it says No TV service found.

However when i choose the UK as my region, and enter in a valid post code, Some channels show up tho the reception is bad, but its always bad on the UK channels on my tv...

Anyone got any advice or help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

If you are choosing unmapped Irish Terrestrial its not going to pick up any of the UK stations, since I'd lay good odds that MS didnt take into account that a lucky few in can get them from the Welsh transmitters.

If you choose a post code it uses that to just look on the frequencies it knows have transmissions on them.

Would have thought you should have got the Irish channels though when unmapped though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

what status are your updates at?

Sounds like you may need rollup2, its under optional updates. It has a series of EPG improvements relevant to ireland.

Theres also a post rollup2 update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Just checked, yeah i have Roll out 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Have you tried setting it to a different county like Dublin or Cork perhaps during the county selection and see what happens, no idea if it will make a difference but it's worth seeing if anything does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Yeah tried it, ah it doesnt matter, its not of great importance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Zhane wrote:
    Yeah tried it, ah it doesn't matter, its not of great importance.

Yeah I cant really think of anything else other than are you using the latest drivers for your tuner, if so try reinstalling them anyway.

I had a weird one with mine in regards the FM tuner if I used the bundled app to pick up radio stations it would work fine but if I used the MCE interface it wouldn't find any stations, repositioning the aerial solved the problem in MCE it was very strange why one worked and the other didn't.

If your still stuck you could try asking over at the TGB maybe someone there has had the same thing happen to them.

Advertisement