Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free admission to televised match on the campus

Options
  • 01-06-2006 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

UCD are to offer free admission to all adults wearing a Leinster rugby jersey this Friday for the College's home Premier division clash against Derry City at Belfield Park.
    It is part of UCD's ongoing attempts to improve home gates.

UCD Development Officer Diarmuid McNally spoke of the initiative, "It’s important that we spread our appeal as much as possible. With the rugby season over, this is an opportunity for Leinster rugby supporters to swap codes for the evening and bring their kids along to Belfield Park for a night’s entertainment and fun."

"The club has embarked on an extensive marketing campaign to publicise its matches this season," McNally explained. "We have circulated hundreds of posters to local pubs and shops as well as thousands of fliers to commuters and local schools and clubs."

"We know habits change slowly but we are determined to develop a new fan base. The matches we put on at half time are a great attraction for the kids. We also have some of the most exciting young players in the country, including current Republic of Ireland Under-21 internationals Gary Dicker and Darren Quigley."

The game is on Friday at 8:00pm. It's at Belfield Park which is on Fosters Avenue. Come on people, support your college.;)

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Would you like to pay cash for that advertising space, or would you like to be sent an invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

*giggles*

/me likes hulla's lickle moderatory commentary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The match is UCD and its in UCD campus and its posted on the UCD forum :confused:

Good idea but possibly better just to let anyone inc passersby in for free :)

btw gonna get murdered.

kdjac

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

KdjaC wrote:
    The match is UCD and its in UCD campus and its posted on the UCD forum :confused:

Good idea but possibly better just to let anyone inc passersby in for free :)

btw gonna get murdered.

kdjac
    Thanks for that. It was just a little joke like. You'd think I would have locked it, non?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thanks for that. It was just a little joke like. You'd think I would have locked it, non?

Or used a smiley :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

KdjaC wrote:
    btw gonna get murdered.
    Depends, are Derry still playing that dodgey keeper and keeping Pat Jennings on the bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

UCD are to offer free admission to all adults wearing a Leinster rugby jersey this Friday for the College's home Premier division clash against Derry City at Belfield Park.
    It is part of UCD's ongoing attempts to improve home gates.

UCD Development Officer Diarmuid McNally spoke of the initiative, "It’s important that we spread our appeal as much as possible. With the rugby season over, this is an opportunity for Leinster rugby supporters to swap codes for the evening and bring their kids along to Belfield Park for a night’s entertainment and fun."

"The club has embarked on an extensive marketing campaign to publicise its matches this season," McNally explained. "We have circulated hundreds of posters to local pubs and shops as well as thousands of fliers to commuters and local schools and clubs."

"We know habits change slowly but we are determined to develop a new fan base. The matches we put on at half time are a great attraction for the kids. We also have some of the most exciting young players in the country, including current Republic of Ireland Under-21 internationals Gary Dicker and Darren Quigley."

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Jeez they must be getting desperate. :confused: I'd be shocked if they manage to attract any collars up rugger buggers. Funny idea though but at least they're trying to get people through the turnstiles unlike some other clubs.

Jeez they must be getting desperate. :confused: I'd be shocked if they manage to attract any collars up rugger buggers. Funny idea though but at least they're trying to get people through the turnstiles unlike some other clubs.
    I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the game is televised so Setanta pay a few grand towards the resulting drop in attendance. The club can afford to be a bit generous.

I might be a bit old fashoned but I still find it funny seeing Clive Delaney in a Derry shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

[...] to all adults wearing a Leinster rugby jersey this Friday [...]
    So. Stereotypes, much?

I like how their marketing campaign has been everywhere but trying to advertise to the students who might still be around. Especially now most of the matches are on during the season, €15 is a stupid attendance price tbh. Charge €5 and you'll get far more than three times the attendance.

So. Stereotypes, much?

I like how their marketing campaign has been everywhere but trying to advertise to the students who might still be around. Especially now most of the matches are on during the season, €15 is a stupid attendance price tbh. Charge €5 and you'll get far more than three times the attendance.
    I agree that 15 is a lot, though it seems to be standard these days. I don't agree that attendances would jump if the price dropped. The price was much lower in the past and attendances were much the same.

I think there's much too much of a focus on attendances anyway. At the end of the day, it's decent quality football and good fun to go along to.

P.S. Don't forget to get a copy of STIG on the way in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Poor Student

It's worth pointing out that student rate is only €7.

Well folks, one last reminder, the big game is in just over an hour.;)

0-0 but I stand by my assertian that that keeper is dodgey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Well is there another match on? When is it on? whoohoo

Chakar wrote:
    Well is there another match on? When is it on? whoohoo

Midseason break now. No more matches until 23rd of June which is against Pat's in Inchicore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thats racist against us munster fans that is!!But go on UCD anyway!!Kick some Derry ass!!Doesnt Nadine coyles boyfriend play for Derry city?
    sorry thats the only thing I can add to a footie conversation:o

So. Stereotypes, much?

AHHHHH it really annoys me when people use 'much' at the end of those sentences!!It almost annoys me more then people using like after every like word like.

panda100 wrote:
    Doesnt Nadine coyles boyfriend play for Derry city?
    sorry thats the only thing I can add to a footie conversation:o

Didn't actually know that.:p Anyway, you can enhance your football knowledge by regularly attending games at Belfield.:D

Advertisement