Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infrastructure Deficit

Options
  • 01-06-2006 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Didn't catch all of the piece on 5-7 Live today but apparently there is a programme tonight at 10.15pm on RTÉ 1 which detailes how during the Celtic Tiger Ireland has lagged in terms of infrastructure, and how per head of capita we are behind where we were 10 years ago in infrastructure provision.

The criteria mentioned were roads, railways and public amenities. May be worth a look.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

thanks for the heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

It was a very good programme. West Wing starting now. Can't talk ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

BendiBus wrote:
    It was a very good programme. West Wing starting now. Can't talk ;)

Agreed one of the best I can remember from RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

markf909 wrote:
    Agreed one of the best I can remember from RTE

Quite scary too. I have to agree with George Lee. We're rich today because we're spending tomorrows money. We're not generating new money like we used to. And we've no manufacturing & no infrastructure to fall back on when the borrowings run out. West Wing is back from the ads now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The government needs to get a move on on infrastructure. Granted they have elaborate plans and some progress has been made but we need to build faster and bigger and do it NOW! Not in 10 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

is it going to be repeated? i only sam the end of it as i only switched over a few mins early for the West Wing

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

dmeehan wrote:
    is it going to be repeated? i only sam the end of it as i only switched over a few mins early for the West Wing

It looks like there's a full Realplayer stream of it linked to from The Time of Our Lives page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

we need to move to a knowledge based economy and we need infastructure that isnt 3rd world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Excellent program.
    But the second half was very depressing. I was nearly ready to get the plane out of the country at the end.

Advertisement