Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A website to have

Options
  • 01-06-2006 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm in the rough stages of putting together my first website for my own company. Any chance of anyone having a look and giving any tips or feedback on how to improve it while I'm still at the nuts and bolts stage? It can be viewed here.
    Cheers!

Mods: I published this thread without finishing my subject title, oopps! Can I change it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No offense intended, but if you really provide those products to that client base, you should be spending some of your earnings on professional graphic designers and web developers, rather than having a go yourself. Your site doesn't look professional, and it's not going to get professional with tips from us anytime soon.

If you want to play around with webdev, do it on a personal/private website.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

sorry but I'll have to agree with the previous posters comments ...

anyways ... comments on what you're at ...
    use a standard font that people actually have on their pc's ...
    BankGothic Lt BT is non standard ? to the best of my knowledge ...

the menu looks eek ... I'm afraid to say ...
    find someone's menu you like and copy it ... oswd.org for example have lots of nice examples ...

But at the end of the day ... see the last persons comments ... you're in this business to make money .. a poor site reflects poorly on you ... why isn't your site better .. is your business that bad ? .. and so on ...

Another tip ... don't make your site live .. while you are in the nuts and bolts stage of it ... its very unprofessional ... see my own ... *rotfl* but then its not my business .. yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

seriously hire someone to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Incredibly slow to load.... I almost gave up waiting

I don't know what it looks like with the font you chose, as I don't have it installed and am unlikely to ever have it.
    As a result of your choice of font most of the text is illegible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I'll bother going back to the drawing board and will instead just through the drawing board out the window and get someone who knows how to do it properly in the first place.

Anyone interested?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

BankGothic apparently. Cute font, but not web-safe obviously.

Right choice frobisher.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

All advice appreciatted and definitely taken on board!

Advertisement