Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade stand for small startup

• 01-06-2006 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,
    I am involved in a small small start up business which officially we're kicking off in a number of weeks at an show - expected attendance 15-20,000. It essentially will be web based offering small suppliers a chance to sell thru' us. Our main aim currently is to get suppliers on board during the summer months. Any ideas what works / doesn't work at a stand

eg small competition to encourage sign to for a newsletter, etc ? are flyers worthwhile doing ?, etc

Any help would be great

Allnamesgone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

www.golfswingpro.ie - we have a golf simulator that will attract a huge crowd to any stand - keep you very busy if you're interested we can discuss:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 allnamesgone

Thanks for that quick reply. As a novice I'm trying to pick up golf- you're product could be the solution for me. Re for the stand there may be an opening for you- I'm not sure re event suitability. If you send me a PM I can send on more detail

Allnamesgone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 okellyc

Try to keep an eye on the objective before getting too carried away with the method/ gimmick. Is filling your stand up with tyre kickers with time and no budget really why you signed up for the show? Don't confuse footfall/traffic with productive effort. One good visitor could be worth 200 guys just looking for distraction. However, if you want to show advertisers a nice hit rate, get everyine to fill in a form on your web-site via a laptop on your stand, then let them have the goodies..
    As a general rule, try not to look at the show as a passive event where you stand there waiting for the right person to find you. Proactively target suppliers you want on your site and invite them to a meeting on your stand at a set time. You'll see then how little you'll value the tyre kickers.. Then after the show send a follow up with photos from the show to others you contacted but didn't attend. You'll turn the show into a two month long campaign rather than a two day lottery.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement