Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Heuston Station to DCU at night

Options
  • 01-06-2006 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I come from Hong Kong and I will go to Dublin for an internship this summer.
    I am planning to see Bob Dylan at Kilkenny on June 24. After the show, I will take the Source Train and arrive Heuston Station at 1:35am. As I need to take the nitelink back to Shanowen Square, I would like to know if it is safe (and possible) for me to walk from Heuston Station to D'Olier Street alone at night? Or is there any other possible way for me to return to Shanowen Square from Heuston Station (or Kilkenny if I am not taking the Source Train)at night?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Take a taxi home from heuston. Should cost 15 euro or so. There is a taxi rank outside the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realise there may be a crowd of people on the train. Getting a taxi at the sation might be difficult.

If a lot of people walk towards the city centre, I suspect using the quays would be safe enough. Get talking to some people and go in a group.

It would be a few euro cheaper to get a taxi from Heuston and then get a Nitelink, but more hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alida

Thanks a lot!
    Just bought the tickets today.
    I think I will try to get a taxi. It seems not that safe to walk from the bus stop at Shanowen Road to Shanowen Square in the dark. Haha~
    15euro is okay for the taxi, right?

God it costs me real much to see the show!

Advertisement