Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late licence's

Options
  • 01-06-2006 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

just wondering if anyone had an idea of how much an application for a late licence would be. (for a pub) and how long it takes as well...

thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

best to ring the district court to get an answer to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You might find it somewhere at http://www.oasis.gov.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Don't do a "Hightstool" on it though, they served a late bar for about a year without a late licence.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

thanks a million all of ya..

the oasis website was suprisingly unhelpful this time round...and justice.ie was just lots of speeches about michael mcdowell saying something stupid again.

spose ill actually have to talk to someone to get info
    :)

i found out, by accident, that the cost of a late licence is €240 and it has to be applied for 3-4 weeks before you need it.

FYI and all... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

ellenmelon wrote:
    i found out, by accident, that the cost of a late licence is €240 and it has to be applied for 3-4 weeks before you need it.

just out of couriosity: for a week(end)/month/year?

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Inge Binge wrote:

IB

The cost is €240 per night (stamp duty) along with the solicitors fees for every application. So for a late bar / nightclub the weekly cost is €1680 which is why the drink prices are higher. You can only apply two weeks in advance so your solicitor will be in court 26 times per annum for you and will charge accordingly. The premises must also contain a dancefloor (a late licence is a dance licence), toilets to a certain Health Board standard, public liabilty insurance to a certain figure (can't recall exact amount €1M?) and the Fire Officer has to pass the premises. Not that easy to get a Late Licence and for most bars, not worth the hassle.

Inge Binge wrote:

IB

one night only!

The cost is €240 per night (stamp duty) along with the solicitors fees for every application. So for a late bar / nightclub the weekly cost is €1680 which is why the drink prices are higher. You can only apply two weeks in advance so your solicitor will be in court 26 times per annum for you and will charge accordingly. The premises must also contain a dancefloor (a late licence is a dance licence), toilets to a certain Health Board standard, public liabilty insurance to a certain figure (can't recall exact amount €1M?) and the Fire Officer has to pass the premises. Not that easy to get a Late Licence and for most bars, not worth the hassle.

€1 million public liability insurance? im having a going away at a small venue who are more than happy to apply for a late licence (they've just had their first one approved).i cant imagine its that hard. this venue is only new and it got its first late licence no bother.
    as far as i understand, the unless the premises has had major changes done to it, the fire officer wouldnt have to inspect the premises every single time.if the fire certificate is up to date thats usually cool.

sweet jeezus! 240 for ONE night?? this makes selling 60 pints a day only for the license! good lord! never thought about that figures...

IB

• Advertisement

Inge Binge wrote:
    sweet jeezus! 240 for ONE night?? this makes selling 60 pints a day only for the license! good lord! never thought about that figures...

IB

well, if its for a special occasion or something (i know for my party, i've got at least 100 coming) they can make up the numbers no problem. 240 quid? small change for some places.you'd just need each person to buy 4/5 drinks. im paying it for the place ive hired..and i dont mind coz its a big party that im having.

sure - people will always drink. i suppose there is no landlord of a publuic house starving because of to little sale of pints. anyway - you have to pay the staff and the electricity and maybe some insurance as well... was just astonished about the money for one day...

IB

all im having to pay is €70 to cover staff and the €240. he doesn't charge for hirage of the venue or anything like that. it would be very unusual to pay for electricity or insurance. (you'd get some publicans doing that i spose! *coughripoffirelandcough* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

kyp_durron wrote:
    Don't do a "Hightstool" cause it was s**t

FTFY ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Seems like a lot of money but think of it this way. The price of addmission
    on the door then add a euro or something to the price of a drink and you
    away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TriWannabe

can anyone tell me how to start a new thread please. thanks

FTFY ;)

Lol, true, sad I spent most of my time in the dump. :D

BTW TriWannabe, click on the "new thread" icon in the top left of the limerick forum(or any forum) and your set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

kyp_durron wrote:
    Don't do a "Hightstool" on it though, they served a late bar for about a year without a late licence.:D

Just go down the street and see how it's done properly! :D

Someone say Salsa? lol...

Irish Wolf wrote:

That place wouldn't be a big loss either! To whom can I give a hint? :D:D

IB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

ellenmelon wrote:
    well, if its for a special occasion or something (i know for my party, i've got at least 100 coming) they can make up the numbers no problem. 240 quid? small change for some places.you'd just need each person to buy 4/5 drinks. im paying it for the place ive hired..and i dont mind coz its a big party that im having.

are we invited?

gaf1983 wrote:
    are we invited?

weeeelll....
    depends on how nice you are to me between now and september...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Irish Wolf wrote:

Ah, there's "into the back corner and don't be doing anything above whispering" in that particular venue as well. I guess the paranoia comes for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

sceptre wrote:
    Ah, there's "into the back corner and don't be doing anything above whispering" in that particular venue as well. I guess the paranoia comes for free.

Hehe... then off downstairs with ya! :D

Advertisement