Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports and the World Cup

• 01-06-2006 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

thinking of getting Sky Sports for a while esp with the World Cup/ Cricket etc....
    my question is what is the coverage like in general for this type of thing? Worth the extra on my NTL bill or am i as well sticking with MOTD and such?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm fairly sure BBC are showing the whole soccer world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

stick to MOTD.... *free*!?

if you want more football - wait until the football season starts up again after the worldcup.. and get sky/ntl... they should have offers on then.. for example: 1/2 price sky for 3 months etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

dunno if they have the same offers with NTL as they would if i was getting the dish up.

see the missus is buying into the whole "SUMMER OF SPORT" thing and so if i gt it now, i'll be keeping it for the new season really as she'll have gotten used to it etc etc ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

RTE/ITV/BBC have the WC covered.

Can't comment on the cricket though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,510 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, Sky wont be showing anything from the World Cup except maybe the English team training.

But for cricket, they show loads of it durin the summer. They show all England internationals and much more. Ya even get games like Pakistan and Bangladesh live from Harare which is crazy. Cool...but crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sky have ALL the English Cricket. County, 20/20, B&H cup, ODIs, tests, the fupping lot. :mad:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

In regards to the WC footy on Sky , they have no coverage.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

MOTD = BBC = No Ads... Worth watching for that reason - otherwise you'll see 100s of "official [insert pointless-nothing-to-do-with-footy-product here] to the world cup 2006" ads. Wreck my head those ads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thankfully the World Cup is one of the few things SKY can't buy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

as pointed out the World Cup wont be on Sky, except for maybe some goals on Sky News but the cricket coverage is fantastic

i plan on watching the World Cup on RTÉ. BBC and ITV piss me off plus i reckon they wont be able to stop talking about 1966 this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

RTE should be a better watch than the rest as well for the WC with the panel that they have got in for it.

Sky is good for the regular footie season but not for the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

cool lads thanx...wasn't aware that Sky won't be showing WC games.
    BBC it is then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

btw, why is it that Sky don't have these rights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I cancelled Sky Sports for the summer because there is nothing on it!!:D Dunphy for me all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

THere plenty of Rugby international one during the summer aswell baz if your into rugby. Being a huge sports fan i would be lost without sky.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Being a huge sports fan i would lost without sky.

I work in a telebetting section of a bookie - I don't bother with sky at home cos I see most of it in work - have to say - the best the job I've ever had when a World Cup has been on - no dangetr of me missing a single match.

Advertisement