Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question bout Keyboard : Notes for songs??????????

• 01-06-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hey, i've searched the forum and havent found anything that answers my question.
    Is there any where on the internet that would give you the notes for playing songs on the keyboard? [i.e. CDEFGAB?]
    I'm at a disadvantage caus i cant read music!
    Any help welcome??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ilusa

Hi brid, I play piano and keyboad so I you want I can write out a few songs the way you wanted if that would help, If you can give me a link to the sheet music. What level are you playing wise by the way starter or intermediate I mean I it just you can't read music but can play or you're starting out. If I can help I'd be glad to.

I'm not really sure how to tell you which octave it's in ect on the keyboard, for timing I'm going to write under the note how long to hold it fo is that ok?
    I'm using _ to mean half a beat and things like 1_ to mean one and a half beats.
    Here's part of the song Stairway to Heaven(1st page of two), It's the first page hope you like it, I left out the chords, so it's just the melody line really,If you want them I can put them in.
    A B C A B A B C D C B A C D E D C B A G G A
    _ _ 1 _ _ 1 _ _ 1 _ _ _ _ _ _ 1 _ _ _ 1 _ _ 2_

A B C B A B B B C D C B A C D
    _ _ 1 _ _ 1 _ _ 1 _ _ _ _ _ _
    E D C B A G G A C E D D C B C A C D E D C B A G
    1 _ _ 1 _ _ _ 3 _ _ 2 1 _ _ _ _ _ _ 1 _ _ 1 _ _

I'm really sorry if that was confusing.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

Thanks thats a great help!
    I've messed on it for a while.. but i had ta stop caus i'm doing my LC.... but i was hoping to start playing again.
    The song i really want is Somewhere Only We Know by Keane??

Yeah sure I'll get on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

You're a star! Thanx!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭greenteaicedtea

Dunno if the OP is still interested, but there is an ABC music notation standard, it seems to be mostly used for folk music, but it seems to be precisely what you're talking about, note-names used instead of sheet music. Check it out:
    http://staffweb.cms.gre.ac.uk/~c.walshaw/abc/#examples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Why not just learn to read music? It's not that difficult, just pick up a book on music theory from Walton's or somewhere, after a few weeks you'll be flying.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would recommend the complete keyboard player series of books,you can pick them up in most music shops

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steve_kav

This is a great site that shows you what notes to play instead of sheet music theres videos but you can also view a pdf of what the site calls sheet music but its actually just the lyrics and the cdefgab notes.
    http://classpiano.com/
    Another great way to learn is by downloading a free program called synthesia then download a midi file for a song you like (you can get them online for most songs) open the midi file with synthesia and a piano will come up and show you what notes to play.
    I hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Peediebear

Ilusa wrote: »
    Hi brid, I play piano and keyboad so I you want I can write out a few songs the way you wanted if that would help, If you can give me a link to the sheet music. What level are you playing wise by the way starter or intermediate I mean I it just you can't read music but can play or you're starting out. If I can help I'd be glad to.

This is ur previous message to bird
    I am needing help the same as bird but I'm needing pop songs such as
    Lmfao party rock anthem
    Grenade Bruno mars ect
    Would b great full if u sent me some notes
    My email address is
    Any songs would b helpful thanx x

• Advertisement
Advertisement