Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were to put a dual rad on stacker ?

Options
  • 01-06-2006 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok made a few plans just wondering what would be the best place were do yous who have cms put your rads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Yeah the side of it ;-) make the front of it into pullout drawers that house tools XD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

wonder could a mount it onto my windowCoolermaster_stacker_sidepanel.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Or you could sacrafice a few of your drive bays.........

Dont worry, you will still have 50 or so left:D

was looking at that it would be abit tricky but would be well posibal.

i could by 2 hard drive bay holders thing and just pull the bottem of 1 and fit them together and then place the rad perfectly in that.

ps what case you using cozzy.

ok all done my modding lol i wish !!!!!!!!
    full.jpg

full.jpg

• Advertisement

LOL

I have been dreading this day............

I am using a bog standard, cheapo, atx case that I got from Marx computers:D

Its a disgrace to be honest, is falling apart, the front door is broken, and I have a front case fan glued to the case:D

I am thinking of getting a Coolermaster Praetorian:)

P.s If you are at Gamecon, You will see it:D

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

At the bottom of your case is a perfect opening for a dual rad, just remove the existing mesh and install the wheels.

awhir wrote:
    Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, mine isnt that bad:D

krazy_8s wrote:
    At the bottom of your case is a perfect opening for a dual rad, just remove the existing mesh and install the wheels.

but would there not be a good air circulation then.god so many option in this case i can move the psu and put it onto or mod it to put into the front or onto the bottom or on the back or on side lol.

krazy were do you have yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

with the wheels there would be enough its a rad its does well with little airflow. I cut a hole in the top of my case and regretted it after.

ok tnx for all the help huys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Throw it in the bottom like mine, theres pleanty of room and there's a grill on the bottom for airflow :)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v234/combatcow/?action=view&current=stacker1.jpg

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Nice rad :D

Case looks very well

CombatCow wrote:
    Throw it in the bottom like mine, theres pleanty of room and there's a grill on the bottom for airflow :)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v234/combatcow/?action=view&current=stacker1.jpg

CC

ok tnx oh and nice cow :D

oh and also need advice on some fans want quite 1s that also provide good airflow and not to exp :D

I just bought this from Flaccus for €90 and it has 2 nexus 120mm fans:)

I am no longer a disgrace:D

conzymaher wrote:
    I just bought this from Flaccus for €90 and it has 2 nexus 120mm fans:)

I am no longer a disgrace:D

bah its a Lian Li you can do better then that.:D ONLY JOKING

He he, Its a lovely little case:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

id say rad in drive bays, well hidden then, would be cool, no ugly rad and fans showing :D

• Advertisement

would it be hard gline.would say you got experince.

awhir wrote:
    would it be hard gline.would say you got experince.

well ive never done it, but i have 2 stackers and they are soo easy to work with because of the size, id sat it would be easy enough to be honest

you'd just need supports coming out from the sides of the drive rail then bolted into the rad enclosure.

would look sweet

personally i think the rad mounted on the bottom of the case is ugly... BUT it is the easiest option

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Put an auxilliary 2nd 1x120mm rad in place of the 120mm fan on the rear panel.I'm kinda surprised someone hasn't released a 1-3 x 5.25" bay rad option (air being sucked in through front panel, fan is inside the case).

Is stacking 2 rads ontop of each other with one fan pulling air through them feasible?

SyxPak wrote:
    Put an auxilliary 2nd 1x120mm rad in place of the 120mm fan on the rear panel.

thats what i did, very easy to do, but looks ugly also ;)

The uglier the better:)

It should look mean:D

conzymaher wrote:
    The uglier the better:)

It should look mean:D

personally i dont care for looks in a pc, all my pcs look ****e, its all about overclocking with me (holes drilled here and there and pieces sawed etc), but most people here like a nice looking pc and im sure OP does ;)

gline wrote:
    personally i dont care for looks in a pc, all my pcs look ****e, its all about overclocking with me (holes drilled here and there and pieces sawed etc), but most people here like a nice looking pc and im sure OP does ;)

me haha you should see mine wires everwere lol.

and also what are good fans ??slinente with good air flow.

Well Nexus fans are supposed to be great......

I just got some in the Lian li and it should be here Tuesday, so I will let you know how quiet they are....

And its definitely whats on the inside that counts when it comes to PCs anyway:D

i use papst, but im not sure if the air flow is up to scratch

• Advertisement

will try nexus.

Advertisement