Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were to put a dual rad on stacker ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There are reasons why nobody uses 2 rads, it degrades performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

krazy_8s wrote:
    There are reasons why nobody uses 2 rads, it degrades performance.

does it? i never saw that info anywhere
    i always use 2 rads in most my setups

Cause's a pressure drop which degrades pump and flow performance.

krazy_8s wrote:
    Cause's a pressure drop which degrades pump and flow performance.

if you have a decent pump it shouldnt make hardly any difference if any

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

are you talking about to sperate rad or a dual rad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Two rads stacked on each other, one layer of fan(s) on top blowing/pulling air through.
    I would've thought thatif they're the same rads, the fins would line up and you would'nt get (a drastic) pressure drop.

Thanks for answering my query Krazy-8.

do you mean it like that rad or two diffrent rads in a case in diffrent place ????

H20-220-APEX.gif

No.
    Think sandwich.
    1 240x120mm rad, stacked on another 240x120mm rad with a pair of fans blowing air through both of them. In the stacker, to put them on the bottom would probably mean losing any PCI slots you have and possibly the 2nd PCIe x16 slot.
    They could be on the one loop, or two seperate loops - if ye all meant water pressure.
    I use the term "chained" to describe 2 or more rads in one wc loop. Apologies for any confusion.

ok tnx m8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

• Advertisement

http://syxpak.com/files
    Go there, and right-click-save-as on the file stacker.wmv

nice 1 man tnx.but whats that stuf they put on the side.

awhir wrote:
    nice 1 man tnx.but whats that stuf they put on the side.

velcro

can you get that in malpin or pc world or in a shop in galway ???

awhir wrote:
    can you get that in malpin or pc world or in a shop in galway ???

i dont know tbh, never seen it in a pc store before, it usually comes bundled with stuff, like the thermaltake bigwater gives u a bit.
    i dont know where you'd get a roll of it :(

I'm not sure of the full reasons for the dual rad thing, but my rough understanding is that the pressure in the tube(small space) and the pressure in the rad(big space) are different. The pump has to force water from high to low to high againn and this can cause a strain when it has to do this twice. It affects flow which affects waterblock performance. I suppose if you are not working with a high flow system like me (which I might be selling soon) you may not care about flow rates. But if it degrades performance more than a second rad will give you then whats the point? Its amasing what you learn when you try to fix a houses heating system.

Also I have some velcro tape lying around my house, but its a third the size of that stuff.

just ordered a

DangerDen Maze4 Acetal Top StandardProfile GPU Block
    Swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra" Watercooling Kit
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card
    Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers

me so excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

My link works for me :s

gline wrote:
    i dont know tbh, never seen it in a pc store before, it usually comes bundled with stuff, like the thermaltake bigwater gives u a bit.
    i dont know where you'd get a roll of it :(

Hickey's.

Ask YORE.MA. tbh, it's fairly common.

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    Hickey's.

Ask YORE.MA. tbh, it's fairly common.

i didnt think the stuff in hickeys had a sticky back
    usually the velcro in material shops is just for sewing onto things and not for sticking on stuff

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Here is an installation video.... they are installing a Danger Den Kit but it should help with your install.

Part 1 right click me and click save

Part 2 right click me and click save

After watching it I really want to get some WC gear!!!

Pity I dont need it:(

P.s [n00b watercooling question]In the video the guy connects the outet of the pump to the inlet of the cpu block, I thought the pumps inlet was supposed to be connected to the rad, to remove any heat that the pump may have added?
    [\n00b watercooling question]

conzymaher wrote:
    Here is an installation video.... they are installing a Danger Den Kit but it should help with your install.

Part 1 right click me and click save

Part 2 right click me and click save

After watching it I really want to get some WC gear!!!

Pity I dont need it:(

P.s [n00b watercooling question]In the video the guy connects the outet of the pump to the inlet of the cpu block, I thought the pumps inlet was supposed to be connected to the rad, to remove any heat that the pump may have added?

tnx m8.you may need it for conroe if you are getting it :D

conzymaher wrote:

This really comes into the same fold as 2 rads on the same loop. You can hook the loop up like that, but it will degrade performance. On the other hand its water cooling and it will still be better and much quieter than a high end air solution.

krazy_8s wrote:
    This really comes into the same fold as 2 rads on the same loop. You can hook the loop up like that, but it will degrade performance. On the other hand its water cooling and it will still be better and much quieter than a high end air solution.

and the difference may only be 1-2 degrees
    check this site out.. pretty good
    http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/wbsum.asp

some blocks only preform a tiny bit worse with pressure drop

krazy_8s wrote:

lol, he also uses 2 rads in the danger den installation video
    so it cant be all that bad

Thanks lads.

Am I right in thinking that the freezer 64 pro would perform better than a crap WC setup such as this or this

And how much would a decent (not uber high end silver plated) custom WC setup cost? ~€150?

And If I got a decent heater core from a car would it perform better than a standard WC rad?

And Finally, where is a good place to gather info about watercooling and to buy water cooling parts?

I might treat myself over the summer If I have enough money from work.......:)

Sorry for hijacking your thread awhir:D

www.alphacool.de are good for watercooling gear

What would this kit be like?

3627_0.JPG

Looks great for €125 inc vat:)

• Advertisement

Depends on the block and pump. As I said before low flow setups dont see performance drops to any large degree. And a good pump with loads of Gmp will make all the difference. Still phase beats the bollox out of it.

Advertisement