Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were to put a dual rad on stacker ?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I dont have €500 to spend on a glorafied fridge freezer:D

Here Is another candidate, looks good for €50:)

In your honest opinion, Is watercooling worth it??

All im getting is another few hundred mhz (maybe) and slightly quieter PC........

Is filling/maintaining a big hassle?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Youd be lucky to get phase for 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Conzy, that bingchi kit is rubbish. I saw a review where they said it was the worst WC kit they'd seen.

awhir, that danger den kit is fairly crap aswell. A single rad isn't enough to dissipate the heat your system would be putting out. Also it's a black ice extreme, plenty of tests have shown that the black ice extreme only offers better performance with fans >110 cfm. Something tells me most people won't want 110 cfm fans...

The swiftech kits with the apogee block, dual radiator, D5 pump and a rad box for hanging the rad behind your case look to be pretty decent. Close enough to the parts that most people would buy if they were going for a custom kit. Bit pricey though...

I don't think theres any point in going for watercooling unless you relaly want to spend big bucks and get the best, and be happy with it for a long time. A high end heatsink with a decent fan will always be pretty close in temps to a WC kit unless you have a huge overclock or a really hot processor.

Eg. look at the famous review of the Aqua Computer kit. The XP-120 beat it, and Aqua Computer prance around saying that their 300-400 euro watercooling solutions are the dog's balls. Low Flow FTL (For the Lose).

I had to ask to find out how to do it too:D

The easiest way is to type what you want the link to display

boards

Then highlight it

Then click the little globe with the chain link on it

Then paste the url

Anyway, I found a nice kit on Ebay too

What do you think? It even his a chipset block that fits the DFI NF4 ultra D/SLI

• Advertisement

Conzy, that bingchi kit is rubbish. I saw a review where they said it was the worst WC kit they'd seen.

awhir, that danger den kit is fairly crap aswell. A single rad isn't enough to dissipate the heat your system would be putting out. Also it's a black ice extreme, plenty of tests have shown that the black ice extreme only offers better performance with fans >110 cfm. Something tells me most people won't want 110 cfm fans...

The swiftech kits with the apogee block, dual radiator, D5 pump and a rad box for hanging the rad behind your case look to be pretty decent. Close enough to the parts that most people would buy if they were going for a custom kit. Bit pricey though...

I don't think theres any point in going for watercooling unless you relaly want to spend big bucks and get the best, and be happy with it for a long time. A high end heatsink with a decent fan will always be pretty close in temps to a WC kit unless you have a huge overclock or a really hot processor.

Eg. look at the famous review of the Aqua Computer kit. The XP-120 beat it, and Aqua Computer prance around saying that their 300-400 euro watercooling solutions are the dog's balls. Low Flow FTL (For the Lose).

Thanks Demon, That knocked some sense into me:D

I just got a Zalman VF700-cu for the X1800XT so all is good for now.........

YOU dont need chipset blocks they just was cooling on your cpu and gpu.

and also diffrent cpu blocks coolbetter(swifttech storm is probley the best 1 for a good price and then the aponage and then the dangerden blockes) and them 1s you post look ****y:D

PS.what you think of my new sig :D

I think it will be deleted:D

Im sticking with air:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

awhir wrote:
    PS.what you think of my new sig :D

I think the mods will remove it !

is it to big

dam mods i think we should uprise and gain freedom :D

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity

• Advertisement

Sig size rules are for the 56k users who frequent boards. As for that dfi kit, thats about as low flow as you can get for watercooling. Those chipset blocks are so restrictive that im amazed those Germans are still buying that crap.

conzymaher wrote:
    Anyway, I found a nice kit on Ebay too
    What do you think? It even his a chipset block that fits the DFI NF4 ultra D/SLI

They mix aluminium, copper and steel in that kit. Can you say hello galvanic corrosion!

The pump is pretty anemic looking, pretty poor specs. Also, that chipset block looks like it was made for about 3 euro. They haven't even bothered to clean it up. Look at the filthy marks on it from where it was milled!

Thanks again Demon, I was considering placing a bid!

I forgot about the galvanic reaction!!

The water would be brown with rust within a few days:D

And the pump does look a bit dodgey..........

I got a good job for the summer and i will be raking in the cash:D

So I might build a custom setup ot get the Swiftech apogee kit and get a GPU block.....

Is it a lot of hassle? is there any problems with transporting a watercooled PC to lans and whatnot.....

Will it perform well with undervolted fans?

The thermochill pa.??? series was supposed to be the best rad with low cfm fans last I checked. But that was a while ago.

Thanks, and would CPU > 120mmRAD > GPU > 120mmRAD > CPU..............

Be better than a single 240mm rad?

I think you and Demon and the other water cooling guys should make a guide with links and whatnot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

conzymaher wrote:
    Thanks again Demon, I was considering placing a bid!

I forgot about the galvanic reaction!!

The water would be brown with rust within a few days:D

with a decent additive in the water you should never see rust

gline wrote:
    with a decent additive in the water you should never see rust

Not really true, with those metals you will not see rust. But you will see massive corrosion no matter what additive you use.

so who wants to make a guide :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Judging from your massive sig, you can type. Why not write it yourself?
    Or at least outline it?

Use boards Biki tbh. An entire OC/Mod section.

SyxPak wrote:
    Judging from your massive sig, you can type. Why not write it yourself?
    Or at least outline it?

Use boards Biki tbh. An entire OC/Mod section.

meee lol english aint my best language lol.im not very good at writing up stuf.

and also that MASSIVE sig =PASTEING

• Advertisement

just installed the wcing setup there will report back with info and and pics:D

here at 22c idel and around 30 when load.was a bitch installing mounting the pieps.

and also i did not use distilled water:mad: i used filletered water will i have to change it or is it fine.

any adivice on the water issue.

Buy clinical 'soft' water - pure H2O, no ions, no salts or minerals, nothing added.
    Or poke someone doing science in college to get you a few litres from the lab.
    You're also going to need to wash out the water that's in it.

Nice setup awhir, The rad mounting looks very clean. Temps are sweet aswell!

ok weres a good place to get the dilute stuf and whats a good make ??

awhir wrote:
    ok weres a good place to get the dilute stuf and whats a good make ??

chemist
    and its dirt cheap

no not the water the atual watercolling dilute.

• Advertisement

B][/B]size[B][/B]=0] sig text [[B][/B]/size[B][/B tbh tbh tbh tbh

{edit} was on phone when typing {/edit}

Advertisement