Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just Drove A Ferrari

Options
  • 01-06-2006 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Tonight I drove a Ferrari 360 Spider F1 . This was the first Ferrari I have ever driven and it was by far the best drive of my life.
    It belongs to a friend of my Dads. He bought it yesterday from England. My dad called me and told me that he was coming up to give us a look. I didn't know what Ferrari it was, so I was pretty happy when I saw the front of the 360 and even happier when I saw that it didn't have a roof.
    The car was red with cream interior, still on English plates. The owner took me for a spin and he asked me if I knew how to drive. When we arrived back in my estate he pulled over and said I could drive. I was a bit nervous because I've never used the paddle-shift system before but he explained it to me and it weas actually pretty easy to use. I started off crawling but he was encouraging me to rev it a bit. I started to get more confident and I started driving it faster..but not too fast. The car is really low to the ground so you feel even the smallest bump. When I was taking a left turn I shifted down a gear but I think that was because I was a little nervous.
    Anyway the whole drive lasted about five minutes but they were the best five minutes ever!
    And before anyone asks, I do have ONE picture which I'll post as soon as I get it on the computer.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well done, you don't get many chances like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Nice one, its a great feeling to drive a car you simply love :D Cant wait to see the pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

You jammy backstard. Congrats.

Incidentally, I saw a lovely Ferarri on the way home on the N11 today near Stillorgan. I'm not sure what the model was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Nice one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rats! :( Why did that never happen to me?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

u sure u didnt dream it? I have that dream all the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ive had a ferrari for a year now. have to say it's a cut above the rest. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

congrats, i drove the new f430, it was a great experience and really once in a lifetime.its just such a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

You fúcking lucky bast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Bet not many 18yr olds on a provisional get to drive one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fair play, AJ!

Must be karma. All those lovely pics you posted in the "Here's what...." thread. What goes around comes around and what not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Nice.

You dont happen to live in Killiney do you? Saw one around there today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Thanks for all the comments:)

As for the picture, I'm still having trouble connecting the phone to the computer but I'll do my best to try and get it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

Why not just email the picture to your self ;)

I tried E-mailing the picture from my phone but it doesn't work. Every time I attempt to send it 'Multimedia Message Sending Failed' comes on the screen after a few seconds. I don't know what to do:(

omg, just found out my cousin got a bentley flying spur so im going over next week to check it out.so i can go for a proper test drive now i have to choice of range rover, m5(new model) and of course the bentlet and a aston is on order.id love a garage like that.

Proper test drive being wheel spins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Mmmm nice. Still thinking about an old Testarossa (1992) - was thinking of practicalities of car-parks - the ramp/low clearance anyone know which car-parks are truly ferrari friendly in Dublin?

Proper test drive being wheel spins?

what do you think.i would not be stupid to do that in a expensive car like them.

If you ask the same question in english I'll answer it.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    omg, just found out my cousin got a bentley flying spur so im going over next week to check it out.so i can go for a proper test drive now i have to choice of range rover, m5(new model) and of course the bentlet and a aston is on order.id love a garage like that.
    Are you going to the UK just to drive the Bentley? Try to get pictures.

AJ! wrote:
    Are you going to the UK just drive the Bentley? Try to get pictures.
    nah im going over to check out a new car for myself hopefully mini cooper s, and once i heard of the new cars they got i got more excited.im using a 6310i so donot have a camera but i will try get a camera phone or something.its a quick decision so i donot have enough time to get a new phone with camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

These deluded ramblings of F430s, Bentleys and Cooper Ss are splitting my sides. The two preceeding posts read like they are transcribed from a playground conversation between two eight year-olds. The only thing that would indicate otherwise is that eight years olds would be more articulate.

These deluded ramblings of F430s, Bentleys and Cooper Ss are splitting my sides. The two preceeding posts read like they are transcribed from a playground conversation between two eight year-olds. The only thing that would indicate otherwise is that eight years olds would be more articulate.

so i donot care what you say.i know its true and i donot care about anyone else.but thanks for your comments.i will try my best to get a camera before i go to prove myself.if not then i really donot care as i know its true

wtf? I just asked him a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've no problem believing drdre on that one. Anyway he'll be back with pictures to prove it

@drdre, perhaps you could spend another second or two on each of your posts to make them a bit more legible and easily understood. It shows more respect for anyone who might read them. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

for the love of god, please take unkel's advice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

BArra wrote:
    for the love of god, please take unkel's advice.....

Ditto, paragraphs on your longer posts would be nice too :)

*ducks to avoid flames

unkel wrote:
    I've no problem believing drdre on that one. Anyway he'll be back with pictures to prove it

@drdre, perhaps you could spend another second or two on each of your posts to make them a bit more legible and easily understood. It shows more respect for anyone who might read them. Cheers :)
    Yes you are right, I should spend more time when posting on threads.:rolleyes:
    sorry guys.

• Advertisement

I went to the Vodafone shop yesterday and they told me the only way I can get the picture from the phone to the computer is with a cable which costs 49EURO. It doesn't really seem worth it just for one picture:(

Advertisement