Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be with her

• 01-06-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

right im gonna keep this short:

im just gone 19 and i know this girl that is 17 in like a month or so.

thing is, we get one really well, always txtin and stuff.
    her friends have txt me before telling that she does really like and i do want to be with her but the thing holding me back is the age difference....

if she was my age i would be with her in a second, but shes not.
    she is very mature for her age, ( and looks it ), and i look about 2 years younger than i am.

is it too much of an age difference or should i go for it??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Go for it. It is quite normal for a guy to be with a girl that is two years younger than them. If you like her and she likes you then why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

2 years for an age gap is nothing! If you like one another then give it a whirl. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

2 yrs is grand! i went out with a guy who was 5 yrs older than me. i know it might sem alot now, but if she is 17 its grand, perfectly legal and all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Go for it! 2 years is really nothing! I was 17 and the bf was 19 when we started going out! Don't know what you're concerned about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Eh, isn't she actually 16? Is that legal? You'd think with all the hullabaloo at the moment in the news that I would have remembered, but if it isn't then wait for a month. It'll save you 3 years in the long run :D But other than that, 2 years is nothing at all. It can be a bit noticable at times when you're in college and she's in school, but that depends on if you give a sh1t about what other people think, which you shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I went out with a 20 year old when I was 16 - no big deal, go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Go for it,you've nothing to lose and a lot to gain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I started going out with my 17 year old gf when I was 21. That was 12 years ago and she's now my wife! Without a doubt, go for it

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

jomanji wrote:
    You'd think with all the hullabaloo at the moment in the news that I would have remembered
    What are you insinuating? I'll 'ave you.

Anyway, two years is nothing. If you were 14, and she was 12 it might be different. I'd go for it. There's nothing illegal about a 19-year-old and a 16-year-old going out. And doing "stuff". I'd just wait the month or two before I started asking her back to your house for coffee or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, there's no problem at all mate. Just go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

one of my friend's dads is 14 years older than his mam. odd but it happens. there's absolutely nothing wrong with a 2 year age gap. having sex before her birthday would have been illegal a few weeks ago but not anymore. <snip>just a little too controversial right now - dudara</snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Two years (and a bit) is nothing to be worried about,
    the last girl I was with was 13 years my junior :eek: :D but no-one had an issue with it, and why should they.

You like the girl and she likes you.....yes life really can be that simple...

Stop worrying, ENJOY :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

What are you insinuating? I'll 'ave you.

I think you know the answer to that, hullaballo. Or should say MR A!

Go for it man. Two years is nothing. Just wait a month before...you know....

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I think you know the answer to that, hullaballo. Or should say MR A!

Go for it man. Two years is nothing. Just wait a month before...you know....
    A real wise-guy. I'll see you in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

the last girl I was with was 13 years my junior :eek: :D but no-one had an issue with it, and why should they.

I hope to God you are at least 33+ mate:eek: :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

im 19, my gf is 17. We have been together over a year now. I had the same doubts as you at the start. Go for it, after a while, it wont even matter. the gap isn't all that big anyway. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

You like the girl and she likes you.....yes life really can be that simple...

Stop worrying, ENJOY :D
    Fr.Dabbler2004 by any chance? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Calibos and BMH:

First of all your both off topic; the question from the OP is if HIS age difference is too great, so lay off me eh?

Not that it's any of your business but 'my' girl was 21 (i.e. an adult, and well able to make her own decisions).
    'Fr.Dabbler2004 by any chance?' NOT FUNNY and certaintly NOT ACCURATE.

I was just reassuring the OP, didn't expect a lash back for myself.

..............okay, rant over now, it's safe to come out from hiding.........:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

17-19, no problem tbh.
    My 17 year old brother started going out with a 23yr old gal, year later, all is still fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks guys, appreciate all the feedback and advice. yeah im gonna go for it, if it doesnt work out ill just blame all you guys:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement