Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 abolish UK roaming

• 01-06-2006 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I rang up o2 today and "apparently" there are no roaming charges in the uk for all pay monthly customers. before this was the case for business customers only. Now it seems hey FINALLY applied it to all bill paying customers.

They told me that any calls i make from the uk would simply be taken away from my free minutes with no extra charges.

Is it just me or does this sound typically O2 style, why did they not promote this? I only found this out when i rang them up. Im going to use my phone A LOT in the uk this weekend and if they charge me for roaming then im simply not paying the bill.

Does anybody else know about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Checked the website and found the exact prices here. Making a call to Ireland is 59c per min from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

i saw that too, thats why i posted it here

but i rang up o2 and they said that they have abolished the roaming to the uk for ALL bill paying customers.

That seems to contradict what the website says!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they announced it around the time vodafone did but you're right, they didn't make a big fuss like voda and 3 did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

As previously discussed
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054912826

O2 don't seem to be very clear in what they offer! The original announcement was for bill pay customers to not pay extra for NI calls, to avoid inadvertant roaming. Now calls received in NI are definitely free, Britain is not supposed to be in this. It is not even clear that calls from NI are included in your minutes, never mind Britain.

What are they at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Please be advised that the roaming charges have been abolished for
    business account customers at present. I can confirm we are currently
    working on making this facility available to all O2 customers in the
    near future.

JamesOzzie, this is the text of the email i received from O2 customer care about this. Its dated the 12th of may. You would want to be very sure that it has been abolished to avoid large charges for roaming on your future bills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

cheers for that Mayo Exile!!

Still though, i actually RECORDED the phone concersation i had with customer care where they said that while I was in Wales this weekend any calls i recieve are free and any calls i make are taken from my free minutes!!

and i WILL NOT pay any bill where they charge me for them!!

Im just a regular bill paying customer too, not a business customer

cheers though Mayo Exile! appreciate the help

No problem jamesozzie. However due to the seeming inconsistency in O2 customer care on this matter you will only know for sure whether you have got free roaming (for incoming calls anyway) in England, Scotland and Wales is to check your next bill from O2. Also keep checking O2's roaming page for post paid customers in the UK to see if it changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The new "My Europe" offer isn't actually that bad on either bill or speakeasy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

How bound are they to call charge listing they give under my account. If he checks it and it comes back saying no charge and then when the bill comes and if they tried to charge him...where would he stand?>

My Europe offer

This offer is really no advance for roaming in the UK outside of NI. Receiving and making calls there is still 59c a minute like it was before. Will only be better when personal customers have the same charges as the business tariff for UK roaming. Hurry up O2 on this! O2's roaming info for post paid customers in the UK has changed. Now says incoming calls while in NI are now free if on O2-UK network, while ringing back South is charged at your price plan flat rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

they announced it around the time vodafone did but you're right, they didn't make a big fuss like voda and 3 did

Just so you know, O2 were the first provider in this country to announce this - Vodafone followed on shortly after!
    Check the dates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Just so you know, O2 were the first provider in this country to announce this - Vodafone followed on shortly after!
    Check the dates
    i'll take your word for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Check the dates

First to announce, but not first to implement...... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stevie2006

Just checked there, Customer Care confirmed that NI roaming is free for all customers to recieve calls on O2UK, making calls it charged at the normal rate on your priceplan.(the cost it is either outside your minutes on their new Lifeplans or the flat rate on the older priceplans) and in the UK roaming is only free for customers on either business plans or Lifeplans and the calls dont come out of your minutes on Lifeplans they are charged at the rate you would be charged if you go over your minutes while in Ireland.

Well I'm a personal customer on a life plan. Went to the UK this weekend and I am going to check whether I was charged or not.

Can't log into the stupid new website to check though.

Ok managed to log in. And I am being billed at the normal roaming rate :-(

Advertisement