Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Closure Please ?

Options
  • 02-06-2006 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok I know this is a little odd, but I would like to close my account with boards. This isn't by any means a prank, like what happened sometime back with sandals, this is genuine.

I feel its time to move on, I have had 4 mediocre years here. I enjoyed reading the satellite forum very much and then branched out. Although after 4 years on here , a subscriber account, and 3,150 posts, I feel the bitterness amongst alot of ppl on here out rules the kindness demonstrated by some posters.

I would like to thank anyone first off whom of which I had the pleasure of dealing with in the For Sale forum. I would like to give my appreciation for DMC or Damo DMC for the sterling job he did over at the satellite forum for years, I wud also like to appreciate Mossy Monk for all his work.

People who make boards a good place in my eyes are :
    • Cloud of course
    • DeVore
    • Ecks for releasing me from prison all those years back
    • ThanxsForTheFish and Gandalf always did a wonderful job over at the soccer forums
    • Sparky-S cause he is cool "Hope he gets to meet his beloved Elisha one day"
    • Charles Slane is also a great source of sat info along with Tony
    • OLDYELLAR also you rock
    • RE*AC*TOR rocks
    • Basquille does a top job with lost, great guy
    • Finally WexCan rules, thanks again mate for the help with laptop

If I have forgotten anyone well I apologise.

I would also like to apologise for my inane posts from time to time, so this leads me to apologising to Jank, MyCroft, Freelancer and Shabadu for my spats with each of you. Ok so that was a little long winded so I apologise.

Thanks for reading this, and as desmond from lost says " See ya in another brother".

Best Regards

Big Willy, Willem D, WDK and Willstev
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Maybe you could just not log in?
    You may change your mind some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

scramble your password.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

and scramble me some eggs while you're at it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,902 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Willstev wrote:
    Basquille does a top job with lost, great guy
    Cheers mate!
    Willstev wrote:
    Thanks for reading this, and as desmond from lost says " See ya in another brother".
    "See you in another life, brother" :D

Pedantic? Yes!
    Willstev wrote:
    ..Big Willy..
    ** snigger **

Christ, i'm such a child.

OK but seriously now.. there's no real reason to close your account. You can still pay a visit every so often and make an odd post even if you're not a dedicated user.

But i do actually see where you're coming from..

I myself find myself logging on Boards less and less as compared to what i used to. Don't really know why.. have no specific problems with anyone on here. I guess it's for similar reasons to yours but also find the place (especially AH) is just getting that bit messier (i'd like to point out this is not the mods fault. Giblet, nesf, WWM (etc) do an absolutely sterling job).

If this goes ahead and your account is closed.. best of luck for the future anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think you just scramble your password and go, or indeed just go. As for the Gwyneth bit..well we'll gloss right over that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

every forum i have ever been a membe of has changed over the years. such is the way of the internet.
    you tire of the same thing day in and day out.
    take a break and i can guarantee you will miss this place.

i still vist the first forum i joined way back when. it has changed completely from when first joined, but the same moderator is still there as are some of the original members. (not many, but a few). i still enjoy visiting there every so often.
    just take a short break, dude. all will be well in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Just step away for a few months and see how you feel then. We all need to do that at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Maybe I'm just adding to your experience of bitterness but really, why bother with this thread at all? Why not just pm anyone you want to thank or apologise to and then stop posting?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah stick around for a while, just stay away for a while like the others have mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Thanks for your comment Willstev.

I still dont think you need to leave, just take a break or change your password to something wierd so you will forget.

I always say, don't burn your bridges. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Willstev wrote:
    I feel its time to move on, I have had 4 mediocre years here.

why did you stay if your toime here was mediocre?
    seems like a stupid thing to me.
    Willstev wrote:
    Ok I know this is a little odd, but I would like to close my account with boards.

just not post?

basquille wrote:
    I guess it's for similar reasons to yours but also find the place (especially AH) is just getting that bit messier

ah yes, the old, AH is not wht it used to be, must leave boards arguement.

and yet people still cant seem to come up with anything useful to say on what exactly they want or how to solve the 'problem' of AH.

someday someone will pst something useful about the subject i guess.
    until then, i suppose we will just muddle our way through eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Before I start this resignation speech, I'd just like to make an announcement...

"Whitewashman, if you're out there, the committee would like you to know you were never actually invited..."

Can I be unbanned from AH? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

HavoK wrote:
    Before I start this resignation speech, I'd just like to make an announcement...

"Whitewashman, if you're out there, the committee would like you to know you were never actually invited..."

Can I be unbanned from AH? :)

Its because you cause a lot of Havok....ah ha ha ha

/ill get my coat.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I thought Freelancer and Mycroft were the same person?:confused: . I can never get these things straight.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

simu wrote:
    Maybe I'm just adding to your experience of bitterness but really, why bother with this thread at all? Why not just pm anyone you want to thank or apologise to and then stop posting?!
    And miss out on all this attention?

I agree though, most people can just leave without needing to draw attention to that fact. It tends to be these people who are genuinely missed though.

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

HavoK wrote:

not agreeing with the specific sentiment, but that is very LOL. Is that a quote from somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'll start the bidding on his account at 20 euro...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pff, that won't even buy his subscription.
    Fifty!

Seriosuly can we auction off the merger of his account, I'd fancy an extra 3k posts. and a few extra months on the join date.

I'll offer 70 euro, and I'm serious.

You can have 3k of mine for E70.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

simu wrote:

The guy is trying to make a heart-wrenching and emotive point FFS!!!

"Posting here is too difficult for me (as is just not logging on any more), please... shoot me down and save me from myself!!!!"

:D

zabbo wrote:
    Seriosuly can we auction off the merger of his account, I'd fancy an extra 3k posts. and a few extra months on the join date.

I'll offer 70 euro, and I'm serious.

I'm sure they could throw in the remainder of his subscription for an extra tenner...

You can have 3k of mine for E70.
    Who the fluck would want any of the drivel crap that you post, in fairness

A haggler eh.
    4k and a daisy chain?

3 euro and bag a conversation

I'd only change all his posts to 'i love jam'

a cunning plan.

shame the original poster wont be back to see all of these nifty suggestions!

i do like the jam idea. nice.

maybe i will just go and randomly change peoples postss tot hat anyway on the Ah forum.

i mean, who *doesnt* like jam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Willstev wrote:
    Ok I know this is a little odd, but I would like to close my account with boards. This isn't by any means a prank, like what happened sometime back with sandals, this is genuine.

I feel its time to move on, I have had 4 mediocre years here. I enjoyed reading the satellite forum very much and then branched out. Although after 4 years on here , a subscriber account, and 3,150 posts, I feel the bitterness amongst alot of ppl on here out rules the kindness demonstrated by some posters.

I would like to thank anyone first off whom of which I had the pleasure of dealing with in the For Sale forum. I would like to give my appreciation for DMC or Damo DMC for the sterling job he did over at the satellite forum for years, I wud also like to appreciate Mossy Monk for all his work.

People who make boards a good place in my eyes are :
    • Cloud of course
    • DeVore
    • Ecks for releasing me from prison all those years back
    • ThanxsForTheFish and Gandalf always did a wonderful job over at the soccer forums
    • Sparky-S cause he is cool "Hope he gets to meet his beloved Elisha one day"
    • Charles Slane is also a great source of sat info along with Tony
    • OLDYELLAR also you rock
    • RE*AC*TOR rocks
    • Basquille does a top job with lost, great guy
    • Finally WexCan rules, thanks again mate for the help with laptop

If I have forgotten anyone well I apologise.

I would also like to apologise for my inane posts from time to time, so this leads me to apologising to Jank, MyCroft, Freelancer and Shabadu for my spats with each of you. Ok so that was a little long winded so I apologise.

Best Regards

Big Willy, Willem D, WDK and Willstev
    Wait, who're you again?

a cunning plan.

shame the original poster wont be back to see all of these nifty suggestions!
    If he's gone, I'll bag his account at 70 euro, put it towards some new hardware or maybe pay asok some overtime.

I'll change all his posts as well with the jam-o-matic script Asok and I are co-writing.

I'd also pay good money for any stale 1998 account ;)

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote:
    If he's gone, I'll bag his account at 70 euro, put it towards some new hardware or maybe pay asok some overtime.

I'll change all his posts as well with the jam-o-matic script Asok and I are co-writing.

I'd also pay good money for any stale 1998 account ;)

Don't you need special privileges to edit posts more than 30 days old?

Advertisement