Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tracksuit for 5' 11'' girl

• 02-06-2006 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I'm a 5'11'' tall girl, 25 years old and find it really difficult to find fashionable clothes. I'm size 10 and it's impossible to find a tracksuit long enough, the long sizes in the sports shops and every other young shop i've tried bearly cover my ankles!
    The same when it comes to jackets, they always look too short and the sleeves only go to my wrist, and any tops i buy end up being belly bearing tops.
    I have found a good store for jeans though i have to say, berksha in dundrum, all extra long jeans.

Please help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ticketyboo

I'm in the same boat. I'm 5'10 and an 8 and it's near impossible to find tracksuit bottoms. Zara TRF range can be long, you have to try them on though as they can vary in fit but nice styles and reasonable too. Try www.sweatybetty.com, they do long lengths in some of their bottoms, not too cheap though. Rock and repulic do gorgeous jeans, Topshop do a tall range which is much more reasonable and goes to a 36" inside length. The tops in the range are the exact same as the ones in the regular range bit with a little extra length on the torso and sleeves. They are also are good for short skirts that are a bit longer. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but I like wearing shorter skirts, however the regular ones tend to look really tarty on me because my legs are quite long. HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Male equivalent of the same problem - I can't get tracksuit bottoms in my size at all - even "High and Mighty" seems to only make them in extra wide, not extra long.

But.. if you're about in Belfast I'm sure Long Tall Sally opposite Castlecourt will have them.

(Do Berksha do mens jeans too? If so, where are they?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Male equivalent of the same problem - I can't get tracksuit bottoms in my size at all - even "High and Mighty" seems to only make them in extra wide, not extra long.

But.. if you're about in Belfast I'm sure Long Tall Sally opposite Castlecourt will have them.

They do in certain shops. Not sure where they have men's clothes but they're on first floor of Jervis St and in Dundrum. They're owned by Inditex who own Zara and Pull & Bear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Have you tried juicy couture???im 5'7 and the legs are always waay to long..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 teagan

where can u get rock and republic jeans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Brown Thomas 2nd floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

teagan wrote:
    I'm a 5'11'' tall girl, 25 years old and find it really difficult to find fashionable clothes. I'm size 10 and it's impossible to find a tracksuit long enough, the long sizes in the sports shops and every other young shop i've tried bearly cover my ankles!
    The same when it comes to jackets, they always look too short and the sleeves only go to my wrist, and any tops i buy end up being belly bearing tops.
    I have found a good store for jeans though i have to say, berksha in dundrum, all extra long jeans.

Please help?

Well i wouldn't exactly call tracksuits fashionable but different tastes i suppose..
    R n R jeans in Lara's Dame Lane just off Dame Street and Trinity Street,and a fine selection they have also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Heya im 6 foot 1These are the only shops I shop at:
    Topshop tall...good for dresses,smart clothes and jeans
    Longtall sally....2nd floor in clerys...great for jackets and TRACKSUITS!
    H+m..not for trousers but they do really long arms when it comes to tracksuit tops
    Finally,zara Ive just discovered recently actually do quite long trousers.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

For guys theres a shop in covent garden and camden in london called high jinks..I always used to get combat trousers there cos there realy long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Handy, I might be living there in October :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

try dorothy perkins they do a full tall range... and long in all of their jeans and trousers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 teagan

Well i wouldn't exactly call tracksuits fashionable but different tastes i suppose..
    R n R jeans in Lara's Dame Lane just off Dame Street and Trinity Street,and a fine selection they have also
    Thanks i'll have a look there....and i don't consider tracksuits fashionable either just want a stlyish bottoms for the gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I have to say, I think a pretty girl in a nice tracksuit is seriously hot.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

frobisher wrote:
    I have to say, I think a pretty girl in a nice tracksuit is seriously hot.:D

A pretty girl or a pretty tall girl? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

DubNside wrote:
    A pretty girl or a pretty tall girl? ;)

One or the other, even both! I don't wear tracksuits and neither do any of my friends but for some reason i just think that they're really cute!

Advertisement