Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Suck.

• 02-06-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey,

I've been wanting broadband for over 2 years now, and been contacting Eircom reguarly, asking them to hook up broadband. Each time they told me it wouldn't work and that I was wasting my time.

Last month, my dad was in work, BT call him up, wanting to sell him some services. He tells them that if they get Broadband to our house, he'll buy the services. The next week, the order goes through for Broadband.

Today, the guy comes and hooks up broadband, and it works fine. I just went to the eircom site again there, turns out my Number is STILL unsuitable for broadband.

Eircom should change their policies, so that they can at least try and hook up broadband before they turn you away.

JB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

BT UK felt it was more beneficial to just send out the broadband equipment and hope for the best...rather than waste precious revenue to a competitor.

Mabye eircom could follow their lead if their infrastructure wasnt so crippled.

Im still amazed Ireland even has DSL...patchy as it is.....truly amazing(and not in a good way)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

wait untill the new owners come in, i would expect the policy to change dramatically. if it is successfull for a rival then eircom will have no option to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Eircom do indeed suck. Your story makes my one month waiting for broadband pale in comparison. I'm now waiting for them to correctly gives us a plain old landline. As soon as they do, I'm jumping ship.

And I'm still waiting...

I rang ComReg today to see if I could put a rocket up Eircom's ass on this. ComReg said I could file a formal complaint with Eircom. Once I do that and get a complaint number, I can go back to ComReg with the number and they can pursue it...supposedly. Anyhoo, I rang Eircom and they told me I could file a complaint because they didn't have a record of me putting in an call to have a technician come out and look at our phone line. This was absolute bull**** because I did. I'm not sure if this is the case but I later found out that I had put in a "Sales and Service Order" about 2 weeks ago and this may be way the Eircom person I was talking to was saying that there wasn't a "Repair Order" on my account. I didn't have time today to look into this further but I will tomorrow.

Well, I rang Eircom again and they told me that it takes about 28 days from the day that the Sales and Service Order was made for a technician to come out and check the line. First I'm told a few days, then 10 working days now 28 days. On top of that, they won't file a formal complaint over the phone because the 28 days haven't passed. I can file one online which I certianly did but the Eircom rep I spoke to on the phone said I couldn't file a formal complaint while I was on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Well surprise surprise,
    ErrorCom are trying to fend off a complaint by making it near impossible to complain. This shows that they are incapable of running their business and have no faith whatsoever in their engineers being able deal with issues promptly. Am I correct in saying that their contract promises compensation if they cannot attend to repairs within a given time.

Hitbit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It shows that nobody complains because they wont log complaints so that means they are great and Irish telecoms are fabulous.

Use the online complaint thing, register with eircom on the home page if you are a customer and enter your complaints in writing there.

If Comreg do not believe you complained give them the username and password to see for themselves. The fault WILL disappear after 28 days .

Advertisement