Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays

• 02-06-2006 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

I know there was a simular thread before but anyway...

I'm going on a holiday to Germania next week. I'll be going through France and Italy on the way.

Any advice in terms of food? Any things to look out for? How have people found European countries for veggie food? How easy is it to communicate with people that you are veggie?

I plan to bring a big pack of bombay mix and some dried fruit or something in case I'm somewhere anti-vegetarian :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Haben sie etwas ohne Fleisch? (Or something like that)

Have you anything without meat

I've travelled to quite a lot of European countries and never had a problem so you should be fine. Worst places ever for finding veggie food were New Orleans and Texas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Well you can always find something in supermarkets if you're stuck, but generally it's not a problem...

It depends on whether you will be eating out a lot, if so, it's not a bad idea to look up some of the basic words for different foods as english menus are not always available (sorry if that's stating the obvious!).

Otherwise you can tell by poking it & seeing if it moves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

Check out www.happycow.com if you have not already done so.
    It will give you a list of all veg restaurants and all health food stores in the towns that you are visiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Thanks guys. I head off on Saturday (Going to the world cup by the way :))
    I'll print off terms like "I want veggie stuff" and "NO FISH!!" In a few different languages.

I doubt my friends are going to want to go to veggie restaurants though :( they're all practically carnivores!

Advertisement