Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a wireless adapter from the States

• 02-06-2006 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I bought a Wireless Adapter from the States on ebay this morning.

I just had a thought......will it work here??

Its a D-Link WNA-2330 PCMCIA Wireless Adapter

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=472&sec=0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Vat/import Duty is the only problem and UPS (wont forget them in a hurry) :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

NutJob wrote:
    Vat/import Duty is the only problem and UPS (wont forget them in a hurry) :mad:

The bitter pill of UPS experience!!! The price of that I'd be very surprised if they bothered with import duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Vazelothir

I brought a Linksys wireless router and Belkin USB adaptor back with me from NY and both work fine with my eircom BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Dont american wireless products use a slightly different slice of frequencies (i.e. more than european ones) and also use a slightly higher power:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Vazelothir

no problems with the frequencies, but did have to buy a 220v to 110v converter plug, got it from Radionics, less than €10 if I remember correctly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Vazelothir wrote:
    no problems with the frequencies, but did have to buy a 220v to 110v converter plug, got it from Radionics, less than €10 if I remember correctly...

Any idea what the catalogue number of that converter was? Having trouble finding it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

sweetie wrote:
    Any idea what the catalogue number of that converter was? Having trouble finding it!
    469-3959

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks

Advertisement