Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trastevere restaurant in temple bar

Options
  • 02-06-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any feedback on what this place is like? is
    the food good? Atmosphere? etc.

Thanks
    J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

beautiful. i cant remember where it is but the name lit up my face.

make sure write back feedback, letting us know if its still nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

if my memory proves correctly, is that the restaurant that over looks in the square. Been there a few times, its okay, just a mediocar italian in my opinion. Nothing amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Nice desserts, but they seem to be bought in. Nothing out of the ordinary about the rest of their menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

go to the elephant and castle nearby,its much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

go to the elephant and castle nearby,its much better

Agreed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Trastevere is overpriced and nothing special... try Il Baccaro in meeting house square...really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thewillow

It's awful and has been for years. Nothing but a cash cow for people with no palate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

It's entirely ordinary at best. Suffered woeful service there one quiet afternoon and never bothered my arse going back. Haven't missed it.

I like Botticellis a little further up Temple Bar. Nice pizza & very drinkable house red. Excellent espresso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

It also feels like you are in a fishtank with everyone who walks by gawping at you and your food. or maybe im just paranoid. Nothing about the place really sticks in my mind. Nothing special.

jeez i musta got them on a good day coz the day i was there twas lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

T&#225 wrote: »
    jeez i musta got them on a good day coz the day i was there twas lovely

had heard nothing but good things about this place until now? havent been online over the weekend but between me and my gf we had heard nothing but good things from family/friends etc?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I had lunch there once... but as has been said... it's nothing special, just about okay for lunch... I certainly wouldn't ever sit down for a proper meal in there.

jobonar wrote:
    had heard nothing but good things about this place until now? havent been online over the weekend but between me and my gf we had heard nothing but good things from family/friends etc?!

finally! glad i stood by it now :D

Advertisement