Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Survivor: Round 1.

Options
  • 02-06-2006 1:47pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Chakar, Byrno, cut out the chat. No one wants to have to read through that, least of all me. And I have to.

Right, so the first challenge.

I know I said it would be at 9.30 pm last night or tonight, but I lied. It's called "Survivor", not "Have an Easy Life with Cake and Fluff".

So, the first person to find my first post wins this task. Post the link to it up here. Anyone not playing who takes part in this will be disqualified from taking part in the future. If anyone PMs other users with the answer/clues, they will be disqualified.

Just in case anyone thinks this is too difficult, here's irlrobins' first post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2765989#post2765989.

Now, that took me the guts of 5 minutes.

Best of luck.

Who do you vote for to be knocked out of the UCD Survivor? 15 votes

Chakar
    0%
    TheGnome
    6%
    pretty*monster 1 vote
    Scraggs
    66%
    RiamfadaPythiacruiserweightMr.Nice GuyScraggsirlrobinsBlush_01elmyradajaffaByrno 10 votes
    SingingStranger
    0%
    Grimes
    6%
    singingstranger 1 vote
    elmyra
    0%
    dajaffa
    6%
    besty 1 vote
    Byrno
    6%
    Chakar 1 vote
    Pythia.
    6%
    The Gnome 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Scraggs
    Just in case anyone thinks this is too difficult, here's irlrobins' first post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2765989#post2765989

Wrong!!! This is my first post.

:D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Scraggs
    Search is broken so! Am I out or do i get another go?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sorry, my apologies. You were right. I always thought this was my first post!

Right, irlrobins wins the first task. There'll be another one for immunity later.

• Advertisement

Scraggs
    No that was the first thread you started. Yea me the winner!!!

So what do i win? Points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Pythia.
    Damn you Robin you crafty devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Scraggs
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2599704&postcount=1
    that it?
    The new search function is shíte

EDIT: ah fúck it 8mins too late and all because I went to double check

pooey, well done Robin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I know I said it would be at 9.30 pm last night or tonight, but I lied. It's called "Survivor", not "Have an Easy Life with Cake and Fluff".
    Can I nominate myself to be the 1st person to be in this compertition?
    If you look closely there is a funny word hidden in the post above...

You win ten points. If you had been wrong first time around, you would have lost 2 points. So the points for the first task stand:
    irlrobins: 10
    The rest: 0.

If you win the next task first time around, you pick up twelve points and will get immunity. If there is a draw after the next one, no one gets immunity.

If someone else comes in and gets twelve points for the next challenge, they win immunity and there's a vote to see who goes.

Because MNG seems to dislike the way I'm running this, it will be a public poll, so we can see who votes for who. It will be closed to other people though, so only the survivors can vote. (Anyone else who votes will be disqualified from taking part again, and I'll edit out their vote.)

Pythia, if you're going away, and lose, that's unfortunate. You can still take part, but if you don't win any points, it's unlikely you'll be able to stay on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Because MNG seems to dislike the way I'm running this,
    Yeah he was a pain in the bottom when I was doing the last boards survivor quiz too :D

(jk)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Scraggs
    Because MNG seems to dislike the way I'm running this, it will be a public poll, so we can see who votes for who. It will be closed to other people though, so only the survivors can vote. (Anyone else who votes will be disqualified from taking part again, and I'll edit out their vote.)

It wasn't the voting system you planned that I disliked, it was the points system.

There were times in the last Survivor contest where everyone wanted me off (can't imagine why) but because I won the immunity challenge I saved myself. That's the good part of the contest.

As I understand this current system, if everyone else wanted irlrobins off and he won this immunity challenge, he would still need to win another one to survive in the competition. I think that's bad. But hey, I'm a traditionalist. ;)
    Gordon wrote:
    Yeah he was a pain in the bottom when I was doing the last boards survivor quiz too. :D

(jk)

Hey I wrote an essay for you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Byrno
    Oh dammnit ah well there's always Round 2!

By the way how are we going to find posts if the search on this site is disabled!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Scraggs
    Please hulla, have the other challenges in the evening. I'm only in the door from work now + I've no internet access either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Grimes
    Boo, my consciousness regarding peak-time dial-up charges...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Scraggs
    Boo. Also urns.

It was the perfect task for a good stalker and I wasn't here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Byrno
    That problem does not affect me, I have eircom broadband its really good connection.

Scraggs
    Inspired by this challenge I went and had a look at some of my earlier posts.... and I have to say I'm quite embarrassed, they're all so very childish I use txtspk and don't use capital AT ALL and over-smiley every post! I've improved so much though [no seriously I have] which is something to be grateful for right?

...and another thing just over a year ago I was such a MNG groupie http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2651853&postcount=70 :D

Scraggs
    Scraggs wrote:
    ...and another thing just over a year ago I was such a MNG groupie http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2651853&postcount=70 :D

LOL. Did I PM you though or did you just enjoy the way I played it?

Cut out the chat.

Right, the next challenge is going to go up in the evening time either today or tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Scraggs
    Cut out the chat.

Eh? It was related to the Survivor contest. It's not like we were talking about her Auntie Mabel. :rolleyes:

Eh? It was related to the Survivor contest. It's not like we were talking about her Auntie Mabel. :rolleyes:
    Ok, the next challenge is a multi-part challenge. That way, there can be a clear points difference.

Each correct entry will be worth 2 points. Here goes: find as many posts as possible where WhiteWashMan has called someone a fúcktard. There is a 24-hour time limit. Every entry must refer to a different occasion.

MNG, it wasn't related to this thread.

Scraggs
    Do we post it up here or via PM ?

Edit; Sorry bout the OTness I'll try harder in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Scraggs
    FFS If I've lost out because I was being cautious I'll be so pissed
    Anyway here's my ans
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50445107&postcount=137
    and indirectly...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50447072&postcount=141

Scraggs
    Think the second one won't count scraggs as it's just someone quoting WWM.

Scraggs
    How about we wait to hear what Hulla has to say?

*crosses everything in nervous+ wishful anticipation*

Neither of Scragg's count because the first one was posted by irlrobins, and the second one is Daddio quoting from the first post.

Edit: dajaffa, you have to actually link the post.

• Advertisement

Scraggs
    hulla <dammit - stop doing that!> has spoken! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement