Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JMF - Playing same mpeg to 2 seperate panels

Options
  • 02-06-2006 2:34pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have developed a media application that plays mp3's/mpeg files.

All the playing is done using the jmf. When a user chooses a video it's played
    in a small panel on the screen and when the user touches the panel it displays the video on full screen.

My computer is also hooked up to a video card that has a s-video connection.
    I essentially have another desktop area I can put something, this would be quite handy to put a another panel with the same video at say setLocation(1280,0);

This would only happen if the extra graphical device is available.

Video at the moment plays fine but I would like to have a video play in the small panel on the user graphical device then the same video play on the fullscreen graphical device.

I have managed to get the same datasource video playing with 2 different players playing using the clone example on the JMF site but surely there is a more efficient method which just shares the stream data to both panels instead of having to sperately create and realize 2 players and start them at the exact same time?

Advertisement