Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Pond

• 02-06-2006 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a plastic pond, or something I can use as one. Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

An old oil drum cut in half?:D

Go to any good garden centre, most will have a wide selection of pre-formed ponds that you just bury in the ground. Alternatively you can dig a hole, line with dead sand, and put in a pond liner (also available in garden centre) buy a pump, sit back and enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Thanks squire1. It's not for me, the fella says he wants it above ground, with a timber surround like a hottub. So, some kind of heavy plastic container would do..Mental if you ask me:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

That will take a bit of thinking and planning. You would need to construct a frame to support the tank. Water is heavier than you think. Is he keeping fish in it or using it to cool down? You could build it with block and line it with pond liner or tiles, then clad it with timber. Design is important to ensure it will not collapse under its own weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 addie

Garden centres with good water feature sections stock over-ground hottub style ponds ready-to-go if your mate wants to save himself the trouble of trying to build one from scratch. They look alright and aren't very pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

They have that sort of thing in woodies... seen em there 2 days ago. A plastic water container with wood around em that are ment to be above ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Can you get a pre-formed plastic type with a pump water feature fitted ready to go. Was in woodies they only had garden pond liner I wanted something nice and strong

OOops this is an ancient thread ! Bloody heck I just typed in garden pond and didnt actually check when it was created. Sorry Mods for Inadvertently ressurecting this. Didnt mean too :(

Advertisement