Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babies & Hayfever?

Options
  • 02-06-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Since my daughter is 4 months old the current spell of great weather is her first taste of summer ever. However I have noticed that she waters up like mad out in the warm sun...I have her well covered in the shade. This only happens when she is outside in the nice weather....

has anyone ever heard of babies so young having battles with hayfever??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have not but honestly take her to you dr or baby nurse about this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shabbadoof13

hey.

you might want to post this question over at http://www.hayfeverforum.co.uk

jon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

we mentioned it to the doc alright and he said she was too young to show any signs of hayfever...so I am putting it down to coincidence and a bit of a cold..but I will check out that hay fever forum anyway. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

I'm not a doctor but for what its worth the medical books suggest that its not possible to get hayfever until the second season of exposure to the irritant.

that sounds about the same as what the doc was telling me..a summer cold is what it must have been so...I am a typical first time parent..worrying about everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

that sounds about the same as what the doc was telling me..a summer cold is what it must have been so...I am a typical first time parent..worrying about everything!

We had a similar problem with our young fellow. After some carefull thought and analyzing, we realised that it actually might be our hoover. I invested in a HEPA filtration hoover by VAX. Since its come into the house, he hasnt once had a wattery eye since! couldnt believe it. Maybe it wasnt the hoover, but if it keeps happening and u too see a pattern give it a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Surely a baby wouldn't have had a chance to develop an immune response.

I'll keep that in mind. we have all wooden floors throughout the house as it is!

Advertisement