Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't make out going calls! help!

Options
  • 02-06-2006 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi, we have recently been given a new area code - 05787 to replace our old one 0502. Our landline has been working fine up to this morning when I discovered I cannot ring out at all - any number I dial results in the playback of a recorded Eircom message: "The number you are trying to dial has changed. Please put 05786 (Portlaoise area code) before the number you are trying to call. This happens for any number including mobiles. I should mention I get a dial tone when I switch on the phone, and I have tested two different phones with the same result. I have rang my telecoms provider (Imagine) but they said the line is fine and it must be an internal fault inside the house. This sounds like a load of baloney to me as I can receive calls ok and my broadband works perfectly. Anybody any ideas? Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Sounds like Imagine are BSin you. Eircom are still responsible for your incoming calls which are working. Imagine should have some test numbers you can ring so they can tell if it's there fault or not.

I'd give the c*nts a call and insist they at least do this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

try ringing 1777, this is an Eircom test number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Will do thanks.

Advertisement