Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wanted: Golf MK5 Rear Brake Light

Options
  • 02-06-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a left hand, passenger side brake light for a VW Mk5 Golf.

My car is only about 6 wks old but has this condensation cloud in the brake light, mustn't be sealed properly, will have to change it.

Nothing available on e-bay just the set of 4 at the moment.

Anybody change their lights to R32's or Lexus and might have spares ??

Let me know.

Thanks !!!

(By the way, I'm can't bring it back to the dealer cos he undercharged me for the car on finance and is looking for some money off me, reckon I can change it myself without any delays or having to listen to any more BS from them)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

go to any VW dealer, not the dealer who supplied the car. they are obliged to replace it under warranty.

Also hiding from the finance company doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Sounds good to me, will contact my local VW stealer.

and on the second note, the finance is above board, it's just that the dealer got the agreed figure wrong, I've signed the contracts with 'their' price on it.

We'll see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

don't have the lights for you, but we just replaced the lights on my Subaru for lexus style lights, and had that condensation problem as well, turned out there was a tiny gap in the sealing gum which makes the connection between light and car frame.
    sealed it up and the condensation is slowly going now.

also can recommend the scrap yard in Ballymun for spares, they have a huge selection of stuff.

But tbh, it does sound more like a warranty issue in your case

Advertisement