Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sim Free Phones

• 02-06-2006 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hey does anyone know where is a good place to get a sim free phone because I wanna get a good phone but stick with Meteor.:) I found www.onedaymobile.ie anyone know anything about it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Are you looking to buy in a shop or online.
    If its online try expansys.ie, l8shop.net or ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Either really just looking for somewhere reliable and not too expensive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've used www.expansys.ie twice now.

The first time I bought an I-mate SP5 and had some issues with it being faulty. After some arguments they eventually agreed to refund me for it.

The second time I bought a Sony Ericsson W810i. Ordered Sunday @ 2AM and recieved Tuesday morning - not a bad service.

To be fair they're quick to reply to emails and seem to have pretty good info on most products.

Hope that helps some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Blanchardstown SC - Tommy's Wonderland of Value. On the left of the entrance they sell SIM free phones, reasonable range of nice phones. Not sure about the prices though, have only ever bought from VF.

ZEN

3G / Carphone do simfree aswell if you're in the centre.

Was in Tommys today and the Nokia 6230i is €310 simfree. Expansys.ie it's €240. There's a comparison for you - though I didn't look at anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Probably true, still it's nice to see the phones in the flesh so to speak. Especially before Vodafone totally destroy them with those gawd awful custom icons they use.

ZEN

200305231555branding.gif
    e60v8cly.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

just get a nokia and unlock it instead of buying a sim free phone. or buy a phone on a different network and possibly pay €20 to unlock it. a hell of a lot cheaper. make sure its not a bb5 nokia (eg 6680, n70) though because they cant be unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JohnLS

I find Mphones to be the cheapest for sim free phones.

http://www.mphone.co.uk

Thanks for all the advice! The reason im going with sim free is the phone im looking at 7370 isn't available on any network (i think!) so i thinkn i will go with expansys or the onedaymobile.ie place because it seems cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭PhilCurran

I bought my n90 from onedaymobile.ie. I'd recommend them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

storka wrote:
    im looking at 7370 isn't available on any network (i think!) so i thinkn i will go with expansys or the onedaymobile.ie place because it seems cheap.
    I got one from expansys ,Cheapest i could find ,arrived in 2 days all working ok .

andyeire wrote:
    I got one from expansys ,Cheapest i could find ,arrived in 2 days all working ok .

You got a 7370? What's it like i can't decide between it and the 6270 or the 6280 but those those are a little bulky i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I bought it for my wife she is very pleased with ,although it is very much a fashion phone it still works well.She has had a v3 ,loved the look of the phone but it wouldnt work with her bluetooth car kit and she had 2 break down in 2 months then got 6230i.She uses the phone for work and finds it good although has to charge battery every night.She would go thru about 700 to 800 mins a month and probably the same or more on incoming calls.It is very compact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 alfagt

You could try http://www.mobilejoker.com

They're the cheapest i could find, bought a Siemens SL75 off them, it was delivered in 3 days even though they are based in Germany!!

Advertisement