Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Frost - Monotheist

• 02-06-2006 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else heard this? I've been a fan of CF for a long, long time, even Cold Lake. I have to say I was a little taken aback by this when I first heard it. It's darker and heavier than anything they've ever put out and a lot to take in initially.

After a couple of spins I've got to say it's really grown on me. I've such respect for a band who've put out four albums (and two eps) with such distinctive sounds and songs on each. Beautifully heavy :)

You can hear Gound from the album here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I was eyeing this up today but didn't buy it in the end (got the Houdini live album from the Melvins). I did buy Terrorizer and their free CD this month features "Progeny" from Monotheist. Listening to it now, it's a stonker. Going to give "Ground" a blast after this. It's great, it sounds like the might Frost but then again it doesn't at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I just listened to "Ground" and it reminded me a lot of one of the tracks on that Lair of the Minotaur album. Not in a rip off sort of way but like CF have picked up all the influences that LOTM have picked up (and LOTM's obvious CF influence). If you can catch my drift amidst the acronyms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I can, barely :p

It covers a lot of ground, there's some glacial slow stuff as well as more in the vein of Progeny. There's a reasonable electronic aspect to it too. I likes it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

havent listened to it yet, think i may wait till i have the album before listening to any. HOPING i can get money together to head to Wacken, i'd love to see em live.

Advertisement