Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long to register business name?

Options
  • 02-06-2006 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Just sent off my fee and signature to the CRO on Wednesday to register a new business name.

Does anybody know how soon I can expect the certificate back as I need to fax it to the .ie domains registry so I can get a new website set up?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i registered a business name online and posted in the forms on the 16th and got the cert on monday just gone and on the cert it was signed the 22nd by the regsiter so that should give ye a decent idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I got mine within 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

grand thanks lads, by the sound of it, all being well I should have the cert around the 12th.

Hopefully the site will be up around the end of the month in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Took me around 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

should be quick enough. If you go in you can get it on the spot, or at least you could 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just to confirm what everyone else has said: 1-2 weeks generally atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

I was 10 days for the cert but within less than a week my business name appeared in the cro.ie search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Do it online and it'll be quicker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

whats the site outta curiousity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Last time I did it on-line was on 27 April 2006... Completed on 23 May 2006... It is fairly slow, maybe backlogs...

mart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Just got my cert through in the post today. 2 weeks. Not bad.

Advertisement