Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FacialTan, VolumeMascara and Eyelash-Curlers

• 02-06-2006 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Sorry about craming so much in. Three questions:

1) Fake tan for face only, never used it, can you sugest one thats not orange, lasts ages without going patchy or fading and prices etc.

2) Cheapo mascara (about 10euro) that makes lashes look really long and thick, I mean huge, without it all crumbling down your face!

3) Eyelash curlers, really any good? What about electric ones, any difference?

Any comments appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Any comments? Well I have one. Fake tan? Don't you realise the obvious? They suck. The whole damn fake tan system sucks.

The weather is beautiful; get a real tan.

I have never seen a fake tan that I (and therefore everyone) didn't know was fake. And if people can tell they're fake then there's no point in them. Stick with your natural, beautiful colour or get a real tan. Hell, even a sunbed tan would be better.

Oh, and no guy likes fake tan. (I'm not saying you're doing this for a guy, just that possible partners don't like the look of fake tan.)

G'luck. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Since when are you 'all guys' i know boys who have no attraction to pale people..

ANYWAYs..lancome and loreal sublime both do really good face fake tan..

i thinnk Rimmel does good cheap mascara

And i use eyelash curlers everytime i put on mascara i couldnt live without em!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Since when are you 'all guys' i know boys who have no attraction to pale people..
    Well we're not accounting for the weirdos. :D Of course being very pale isn't great either but I think that the vast majority of guys, when faced with a girl who has ovbious fake tan and a girl who is slightly pale, will gravitate towards the latter.

Basically all I'm saying is, fake tan looks ****. Boo-urns. Of course this is all in my opinion (who else's would it be).

The worst is when you see a group of school girls, in mid-Spring, all of them wearing a tan. Yukky. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I have never seen a fake tan that I (and therefore everyone) didn't know was fake. And if people can tell they're fake then there's no point in them. Stick with your natural, beautiful colour or get a real tan. Hell, even a sunbed tan would be better.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one who sees this.

Bluebells, I like the Maybelline Masscarra but I'm sorry I don't remember how much it costs, but it can't be much if I can afford it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't use tan myself anymore (in over a year,ha go me!) and never put it on my face, as it can be really dodgy. But a lot of people like using the Lancome Face Gel and also Lancaster do have a really good tanning and suncare range. I don't know whyit isn't more popular. Maybe coz it give you a natural looking tan and not a You've been tangoed look people go for these days? Anyways.....

Max Factor 2000 Calories is a brilliant mascara. And pretty cheap, dunno the price. Give you really volumous lashes and not clumping at all.

Eyelash curlers are just brill!! You will totally notice a difference using them. Best thing to do is curl them first,using a pumping action. If you haven't used them before take your time as you don't wanna loose all your lashes!! Then apply your mascara and then if needed curl again. MAC do a good set and also that Shu Mera set is meant to be the best. Never heard of electronic ones. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I use the No7 sunless tanning Quick Dry Tinted lotion in Med/Dark all over including my face and noone can tell the difference between it and the real thing €10. No7 also has a facial fake tan lotion. I got it in a gift pack and have given it to my mum to try out so I don't know how much it costs. I use the No7 fake tan range because any others have made me come out in a terrible rash - it works really well.The Johnsons Holiday Skin Facial Moisturiser with the fake tan in it is pretty good less than €10.

No matter which one you choose you just have to make sure that you exfoliate your face well before putting it on. That will make sure that it wont be all blotchy as it wears off.

I'm still tring out different mascaras to find one that really works for me, but I do use eyelash curlers, they make a HUGE difference as I'm not one with naturally curly lashes, rather they grow straight out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

johnsons holiday skin have one for your face..
    its in what looks like a foundation tube.. its about €6 to buy but well worth it cos it creates a glow rather than an orange face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Well we're not accounting for the weirdos. :D Of course being very pale isn't great either but I think that the vast majority of guys, when faced with a girl who has ovbious fake tan and a girl who is slightly pale, will gravitate towards the latter.

Basically all I'm saying is, fake tan looks ****. Boo-urns. Of course this is all in my opinion (who else's would it be).

The worst is when you see a group of school girls, in mid-Spring, all of them wearing a tan. Yukky. :p

Good fake tan can be as good as the real thing. It's all about the right tan and good application. I'm sure you're seeing what you think are natural tans all day long; when they are infact fake. Although I'm not denying that lots of girls get it very wrong and it's a big no no for redheads too.

Best facial fake tan ever - the new Chanel one in golden. Absolutely excellent. Use it everyday.

Shu Umurea do the worlds best eyelash curler. Available in Blue Eru about €30.00. Cheaper ones generally are rubbish.

Cheap mascara - Max factor 2000 calorie is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've started using the new Max Factor Mascara - the one associated with "Memoirs of a Geisha". it's fantastic, about €12 a tube AFAIK. Really good volume and not too much dispensed on the brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Fake Bake fake tan - i swear by the stuff, you CANNOT tell it is fake as there is NO tint of orange anywhere!!
    They also do a good one for your face - called "The Face" and is very good aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Bluebells wrote:
    Sorry about craming so much in. Three questions:

1) Fake tan for face only, never used it, can you sugest one thats not orange, lasts ages without going patchy or fading and prices etc.

If you wash your face with a facecloth then you're naturally exfoliating the self-tan from your face every night (it's how I cleanse), so I reapply every 2-3 days. I use Piz Buin foam or L'Oreal Sublime Bronze - both under €15. For body, the L'Oreal self tan mitt is fab (use rubber gloves!!)

Not every self-tan suits your skin so speak to the girlies on the cosmetics counters & get samples before you make an expensive mistake. Lancome Flash Bronzer & Estee Lauder self tans do absolutely nothing for me, but suit friends perfectly.
    Bluebells wrote:
    2) Cheapo mascara (about 10euro) that makes lashes look really long and thick, I mean huge, without it all crumbling down your face!

Maybelline Great Lash mascara - available even in Supermarkets

Bluebells wrote:
    3) Eyelash curlers, really any good? What about electric ones, any difference?

Yes they work! If you're not used to them, try plastic ones. Tesco Make Up have a great one. For metal - try Ruby & Millie in Boots. I can't see the point in the heated ones myself because I get a good enough result from the regular metal curler (and you can just sling it into your makeup bag)

Don't mind that twit... it's about how you feel, not what a guy (supposedly) thinks!

Advertisement