Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer's new album.

• 02-06-2006 11:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For the slayer fans out there.
    The new Slayer album to be released on July 25th 2006.
    It was suspended from June 6th(that spooky date etc) when Tom Araya had to have surgery in May.

This is apparently the cover of the album:
    1149435.jpg

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53134
    SLAYER: New Album Artwork Revealed - June 1, 2006

Warner Music Germany has uploaded what appears to be the cover artwork for the new SLAYER album, tentatively due on July 25 via American Recordings/Warner Bros. Records. Check it out at this location.
    http://images.warner.de/images-artists/WEA/Slayer/627127/1149435.jpg

SLAYER's still-untitled follow-up to "God Hates Us All", which was released on Sept. 11, 2001, is the group's first new album with their four original members since 1990's "Seasons in the Abyss". In a recent interview with MTV, SLAYER frontman Tom Araya said about the new album, "It's fast — maybe faster than anything we've done before. No one's going to be disappointed. It's going to be brutal."

The following songtitles are expected to appear on the new SLAYER CD (NOTE: This information has not yet been confirmed by the band or their record label):

01. Cult
    02. Consfearacy
    03. Flesh Storm
    04. Jihad
    05. Eyes of the Insane
    06. Black Serenade
    07. Supremist
    08. Skeleton Christ
    09. Catatonic
    10. Final Six
    11. Catalyst

A snippet of a new SLAYER track, entitled "Cult", is available at the band's official web site, www.slayer.net.

SLAYER will preview their first album in five years with a five-song EP, "Eternal Pyre", exclusively available at Hot Topic stores. The CD will include "Cult", the lone new song the band plans to play live on the upcoming Unholy Alliance Tour.

Araya's two-hour May 5 minor gall-bladder surgery forced SLAYER to suspend the June 6 launch of this summer's Unholy Alliance Tour, which also features LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED. The trek will instead kick off June 15 in Camden, New Jersey, and run through July 26 in Denver.

This seems all typical Slayer, anyway,
    "It's fast — maybe faster than anything we've done before. No one's going to be disappointed. It's going to be brutal."

That sounds a bit hard to live up to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sounds good to me, though what I'd do to catch that tour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

the cover reminds mea hell of a lot of seasons in the abyss. hope its gonig to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

cool. pitty about the date, it'd be so fitting for them... but i guess we can all still have our "day of slayer"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Slayer day is a great day indeed. I know I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

About time I say! Cool cover.
    What kind of surgery did Tom have to have?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Minor gall-bladder surgery, my prayers are with his family at this tough time. (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

yeah,the cover is good,i give the cd a whirl and see is it any good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

looks like Kiedis from the peppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Cover is very seasons alright. Its been a long time coming. should be good, cant wait to hear that jihad song.

Bah, I've had the snippet of cult on for half an hour, mm. Better than the deed, better than the memory, the anticipation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Tryin not to get my hopes up early for this one but I reckon it'll be a decent album. A lots been made of Dave's return to drums though this is one of those times where the hype is justified. Definitely looking forward to hearing it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I look forward to it.
    Track list alone sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

that is all

693032969_l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ph3n0m wrote:
    that is all

693032969_l.jpg

k anyone got a dog?

k anyone got a dog?

I did until about 20 minutes ago :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Agent Steel

wrote:
    THE UNHOLY ALLIANCE Comes To The Point
    News last updated: 06-06-2006

MCD in assoc.with K2 Agency present

THE UNHOLY ALLIANCE

Featuring: Slayer, In Flames, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, Thine Eyes Bleed.

Nov 5th, 2006
    Point Theatre, Dublin

Doors: 5.30pm
    Under 16's must be accompanied.
    Tickets: €46.25 inc booking fee.

Quoted from Metal Ireland. Nice.

already posted in the Gigs/Events forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Slllaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anybody else "participating" today.

Luckily, I can go to work AND listen to Slayer.

aye already on my second rotation of albums :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

WHERE the hell is the new track on there website, it was meant to be up at 6.06 am in the states but it still isnt there, And on subject of the unholy aliance. . . . . OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. IF i miss it for any reason i will jump off a brdge.

• Advertisement

Patricide wrote:
    And on subject of the unholy aliance. . . . . OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. IF i miss it for any reason i will jump off a brdge.
    What he said, I'm going camping there now! :D

Now to find my dog, all this slayer will attract it.
    Serenity in murder will do for this deed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

anyone get a copy of the EP? I tried to get it from the Hot Topic website for my other half, but its sold out already.

I didn't even know about it, now I'm not as happy, somebody sell it.
    No CC to get it anyway, oh well.

The last time speed-metallers Slayer released an album's worth of new material, it came in the form of God Hates Us All and arrived on shelves the morning of September 11, 2001.

So bass-wielding frontman Tom Araya understandably feels some apprehension about Slayer's forthcoming, still-untitled disc, which they're still working on in Los Angeles with producer Josh Abraham (Staind, Velvet Revolver). The finished product will be preceded by a digital release on June 6 (making Slayer one of several metal bands who just can't pass up the opportunity for a 6/6/06 release date).

"I'm hoping that whenever it comes out, nothing major happens," Araya said. "It's like, 'I wonder what's going to happen this time around?' "

The CD should surface in late July, he said, and feature the tracks "Cult," "Catalyst," "Catatonic" and "Jihad." At this stage, seven weeks into recording, five of the album's 11 tracks are finished and about to be put through the mixing process. Slayer still need to put the finishing touches on the remaining songs, but Araya expects the band will be finished with everything in the next week or so.

"This album is actually like a culmination of everything we've done," Araya said. "There's one song that I'm thinking will surprise everybody, because of the song itself. I'm not going to say why, because you have to keep that element of surprise, dude. Musically, it's going to blow everybody away. It's going to trip everyone out. It has all the elements of everything we've done. No one's going to be disappointed with this record. It's fast, heavy — maybe faster than anything we've done before. It's going to be brutal. It's what everyone expects from a Slayer record."

A track called "Eyes of the Insane," Araya said, is perhaps the most political song on the album. The song was inspired by an article he'd read in an issue of Texas Monthly magazine.

"The song's about the effects of war on some of these soldiers," he said. "This article — and it was a pretty trippy article — it really affected me. The entire magazine was devoted to soldiers of this new Iraq conflict that's going on. The effect that the war has had on some of these kids who're coming home and having a tough time dealing with what they've seen — I mean, some of these kids are traumatized and mentally destroyed by what they've seen. The magazine also ran an entire list of the soldiers from Texas who've died. It was several pages with pictures of these kids. It blew my mind."

The rest of the album's lyricism is standard Slayer fare: "Hate, religion — that kind of stuff," Araya said.

This summer, Slayer will preview new material on the road as part of their closing set on each night of the Unholy Alliance Tour (see "Dates Unveiled For Slayer's Unholy Alliance With Mastodon, Lamb Of God"). The run kicks off June 6 in San Diego and wraps up July 22 in Long Beach, California. Treks in Europe, Japan, Australia and South America will follow.

"For the heavier crowd, you're definitely going to get your money's worth [from this tour]," Araya said.

— Chris Harris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

From Roadrunner...changes to the release date

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53498
    It's Official: SLAYER To Release 'Christ Illusion' In August - June 9, 2006

SLAYER have set "Christ Illusion" as the title of their new album, due on August 8, 2006 via American Recordings/Warner Bros. Records (NOTE: The release date change was first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET yesterday).

"Christ Illusion" is SLAYER's first new studio album since 2001, and the first recorded by the band's original line-up — Kerry King (guitars); Tom Araya (bass, vocals); Jeff Hanneman (guitars); Dave Lombardo (drums) — since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss". "Christ Illusion" was produced by Josh Abraham and executive produced by Rick Rubin.

"Christ Illusion" deals with familiar SLAYER themes — god, religion, hate, and war. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include:

01. Flesh Storm
    02. Catalyst
    03. Eyes of the Insane
    04. Jihad
    05. Skeleton Christ
    06. Consfearacy
    07. Black Serenade
    08. Catatonic
    09. Cult
    10. Supremist

Says Araya, "No one is going to be disappointed, it's going to blow everybody away. It's fast, heavy, and maybe faster than anything we've done before."

"It's a good mix of fast, brutal music and slower moodier stuff, it's pretty intense," added King. "It sounds like a damn SLAYER record."

A core player in SLAYER's history has also rejoined the team for the "Christ Illusion" project. Larry Carroll, who did the cover artwork for "Reign in Blood", "South of Heaven", and "Seasons In the Abyss", has painted an original piece for the "Christ Illusion" cover. Working only from the song titles and early lyrics, Carroll has produced a classic SLAYER masterpiece — a portrait of the Christ (check it out here) — whose forearms have been chopped off — standing in an ocean of blood surrounded by floating, decapitated heads. Carroll created the painting on a 4-by-4-foot slab of wood using a combination of mediums. King already has placed dibs on ownership of the original wooden canvas.

SLAYER will headline this summer's six-week-plus "Unholy Alliance Tour: Preaching To The Perverted", which features LAMB OF GOD, CHILDREN OF BODOM, MASTODON, and THINE EYES BLEED, and kicks off at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ next Thursday, June 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Nightwish wrote:

Ugh....more waiting, I hope its gonna be good. Cool album title, that means by the time Unholly alliance gets to Ireland Lamb of god AND Slayer will just have released albums relativley soon. :D

Advertisement