Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is it that people are listening to more metal than rock????????

• 03-06-2006 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

used to love metal but now i can t stand all but a few bands,that just me are does everyone get sick of it?????????:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Depends what metal bands you're listening to. As it's been discussed recently across a few threads, there are a lot of quality new metal bands emerging over the last few years and personally I'm more excited by metal now than I have been in years. However, metal is rock and rock is music and music that you like is all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

la big mac wrote:
    used to love metal but now i can t stand all but a few bands,that just me are does everyone get sick of it?????????:

What exactly are you basing your figures on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

As far as I see it you will get bored of metal as soon as you stop looking for interesting new bands to listen to, Im constantly looking to expand my discography with new metal bands and Ive been listening to metal on average about 6hours a day or more for over 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

la big mac wrote:
    that just me are does everyone get sick of it?????????:

Just you mate....eh....????????????

You obviously either listened to average-at-best bands, ****e bands, or you're just not cut out for it. What bands did you listen to anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I've got a few friends who have 'moved on' a bit from metal but to be honest I just think they're tryin to make themselves feel smart. Personally, I never grow tired of metal as a genre. There's always new bands and styles to check out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I've had different friends that moved on from metal too, but to be perfectly honest I don't think they were that into it in the first place. Most of these people over played the part - got every t-shirt & new cd that came out & really tried to prove that they were into metal.

Whereas all of us die hards just go with the flow. I've been into metal about 14 years & there's no sign of my love for the music going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well as a kid I got into metal through rock. Started with Bon Jovi and ended up listening to Metallica, Testament, Carcass and the like :D Seemed like a natural progression.

I don't exclusively listen to metal these days but I still love when I hear a new good band. Can't stand that Linkin park and Limp Biscuit pseudo-rock-metal stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

I get sick of it from time to time, go listen to something else and come back to it when I feel like it. Its not a good idea to listen to one genre exclusively.

I always end up crawling back though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Its not a good idea to listen to one genre exclusively.

this is true

good advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

la big mac wrote:

we are all getting that little bit older...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

I don't think I could ever get bored of metal really. It's just such an interesting genre, there's so much in it. Sure, you'll get bored of it if you just listen to the same one or two bands all the time. That almost happened to me - I used to absolutely love Metallica - I listened to them all the time and virtually nothing else. Then I got into some Slayer. But still, I basically spent my life listening to Metallica and Slayer all the time. That all changed though when I met a guy called David - he got me into more extreme metal bands. Now I'm into around sixty different bands ranging from death, to power, to black, to thrash, to doom, to folk, to avant-garde and beyond! Metal is an extremely diverse genre, and there's always new bands with different styles just wainting to be discovered.

Advertisement