Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost policy document

Options
  • 03-06-2006 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

I have an investment plan which I have been paying into for the last few years and I am hoping to encash it soon. I know I need to present the policy document to encash it but I have lost it. Should there be any trouble encashing it without this document?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Some policies demand that you keep a signed copy so that you can't claim you didn't know all the details, were stiffed on charges etc. Your investment firm will have a copy signed by you but that doesn't mean you can't claim that they have changed the terms and conditions.

I recommend you ring the firm and find out what you need to do next. You will probably need your passport, driving license, current bills and/or bank statements linked to the same address as the policy.

Ring them, it's the only way you will know for sure, these things happen a lot so they probably have some sort of procedure in place.

Advertisement