Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikku Fans

Options
  • 03-06-2006 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Now after reading only 2 threads I relize that most people dont see the point in Rikku and dont like her at all. I do, mainly because I think she has a good personality that lightens up in games. So I started this thread to see if there are any other people who like Rikku, and to hear their opions.

Also I cant find a thread that people are on. Guess Ill have to wait till its day time again!:D

Do you like Rikku 11 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    VokesentropiRetr0gamerCunning AliaschupacabraFeral Mutantim...LOSTEOA_MushychallengemasterRikkusLover7SHINRA 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Welcome to the forum, it's always good to have new users.:)

I do like Rikku, she was fairly outgoing and happy and optimistic when others weren't. Sort of balanced things out as it were. X was a pretty dark game themewise and having a "lighter" character was a pretty good idea.

She was also pretty important as through her friendship with Wakka, she helped him not be such an Al-Bhed hater. She also doesn't take the hump when she sees that Wakka isn't the biggest fan of the Al Bhed.

However, she was far from a perfect character. There was more than one occasion when she was extremely annoying and you wished her to disappear completely. She could be far too hyperactive at times, in X-2 mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

No
    Yes, i completely agree. I too like her whorish outfit in X-2 :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No
    SofaKing wrote:
    Yes, i completely agree. I too like her whorish outfit in X-2 :p

ROFL!

I liked Rikku in FFX. She was very optimistic despite the bleak and desperate situation she was in. I also loved her friendship with Wakka and the way it helped him overcome his discrimaination.

However wasn't too fond of her in FFX-2. She definitely wasn't as bad as Yuna who they changed an awful lot in FFX-2. She just seemed a bit too annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RikkusLover7

No
    Well doesnt look like I got any serious flames, yipee!

grimloch: Thank you for the thank you! You basically said all of my views of my views of Rikku perfectly. I probaly like her so much because Im so much like....even the annoying part!:p

SofaKing: Your right exacly...what a whore she is, but I liked it!:p

RetrOgamer: I liked that about her too. And she wasnt as bad as Yuna, I havent heard alot about Paine but I didnt think anything bad about her. Yuna was just changed too much, but I didnt like her dress in the X game. So I was alittle happy to see the change in that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Didn't think one way or the other about Rikku in FFX, but they turned her into a "M'kay, lets all go get facials!" Sarah Michelle Gellar robot for X-2. You didn't hear much about Paine from X-2?, sure you have, the secret is in the name, that's what her 'character' gives your brain with her Squall from FF8 impersonation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

No
    Laguna wrote:
    Didn't think one way or the other about Rikku in FFX, but they turned her into a "M'kay, lets all go get facials!" Sarah Michelle Gellar robot for X-2.
    ROFL

I liked Rikku in X again because of her upbeat personality and she lightens up the darkest of moments.

I didn't think she was that bad in final fantasy X-2 either but it seems to be only me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

im...LOST wrote:
    I didn't think she was that bad in final fantasy X-2 either but it seems to be only me.

She didn't annoy me that much. Most of the time she was alright but there was a few notable exceptions. I still think it is in keeping with game though.

If the characters hadn't changed at all it would have been a bit daft.

Advertisement