Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnolia Tree

• 03-06-2006 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a magnolia tree in the front garden that was about two and a half storeys high. It blooms every spring and provides shade for the house during summer.

I wanted to trim it back slightly, as some branches were starting to touch the house, so I got some "professionals" in. Unfortunately their idea of slight trimming was to top the tree back to about a third of its size, leaving three stumps with about 20 leaves each attached. It's disgusting.

Is the tree ruined or will it be able to grow back? If it does grow back, will it grow back properly or will it be a mess of disgusting bushy branches? Is there any way I can salvage it and get it to grow back slightly normally?

And do I have a case to ask for my money back from these cowboys? I notice that some leaves are starting to dry up and fall off, I fear the idiots might have killed the tree altogether.

Comments

Advertisement