Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Way of playing .mov

• 03-06-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway of playin .mov files via Media Centre?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Do you have quicktime installed?
    Is there anyway of playin .mov files via Media Centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Quicktime alterative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

What are you getting error wise or are you not getting anything?

What do you refer to as Media Centre?

Windows Media Centre 2005..The error i am now gettin is Cannot play Video... Media Center encountered an unknown Error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

In order to play in MCE the codec has to be directshow compatible QuickTime isn't.

In QT Alternative there should be a experimental QT directshow filter that should allow playback in MCE but I'm not sure how reliable it is. Did you tick the box for the Directhow parser when installing it, try reinstalling the program the latest is 1.70

If what you are trying to play is really an MPEG-4 in a .mov container like Apples H.264 videos then just rename it .mp4 and if you have the correct decoder installed like ffdshow it will playback in MCE.

If the QT Alternative Directshow parser doesn't work then try 3ivx I believe they too can handle QT content and have their own Directshow compatible decoder though it tries to take over all decoding duties for MPEG-4 content as well so you may want to un-do that.

• Advertisement

I reinstalled the lastest codecs and it worked... Thanks

Advertisement